How to Effectively Work with Recruiters
NPAworldwide has more than 550 member locations and more than 1600 recruiters across 6 continents. The nature of our business is to serve the needs of multiple audiences.
While your career goals are of utmost importance to you, be mindful that recruiters are often paid by the client to find superior talent for critical openings. Our members are professionals with schedules, client demands and preferences for the way they work that are unique as you are.
Please read What Candidates Should Expect from Recruiters, in which we have outlined what you should expect from our network. Just as you expect to be treated with professionalism and expect, there are expectations of how you will be most successful working with recruiters.
- Be honest in all your dealings with recruiters.
- Be direct regarding issues that may impact your suitability for a role or willingness to accept an offer.
- Respond and return calls in a timely way.
- Respect the recruiter’s need for confidentiality regarding client information early in an exploratory conversation, before you have expressed interest and been qualified.
- Let the recruiter know when you are no longer available.
- Not use recruiters as leverage to gain a counteroffer from a current employer.