Summary of the Senior ECU Systems Engineer:Our client, a developer of next generation braking system technology, is looking for Lead ECU Systems Engineer to play a key role in developing new brake-by-wire systems, leading the team through the development life-cycle, including requirement analysis, system design specifications, detailed hardware design (EE HW and SW), and concept verification. This position is for an "in the trenches" leader who can direct systems engineers and act as the key technical interface to clients. The company offers challenging work, stability, and ample opportunities for future growth.
Responsibilities of the SeniorECU Systems Engineer:
- Customer Engineering Interface
- Work with customer engineers to establish functional and non-functional requirements for embedded brake applications.
- Establish development milestones and project timeline based on OEM deliverables.
- Provide customer technical support and issue resolution at each development phase of the product life cycle.
- System Analysis and Documentation
- Establish system requirements for advanced drive by wire electric brake applications;
- Manage and establish core work products used during system requirements analysis.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional engineering teams to establish detailed system and component requirement specifications at the EE HW and SW levels.
- Support systems engineering team with the establishment of use and test cases with traceability to system and component requirement specifications;
- Collaborate with the system engineering team to ensure requirement traceability throughout the development lifecycle.
- Participate in team reviews to make sure the development work processes are compliant; generate necessary evidence report for demonstrating the compliances.
- EE HW Component Design and Development
- Manage EE HW suppliers throughout the development lifecycle
- Develop EE HW component specifications for release to ECU suppliers.
- Review EE HW architecture and detailed design for verification of HW component specifications.
- Work with cross functional safety and design teams in safety review including but not limited to DFMEA and FTA analysis.
- Review EE HW DVP&R and verification results as compared to AKB component specifications.
- Manage issue resolution with the EE HW supplier at each development phase of the product lifecycle.
- SW Design and Development
- Work with control systems engineering team to establish interface requirements between EE HW base software layer and application software component.
- Support SW integration debugging and act as liaison between EE HW supplier and controls team for issue resolution.
- Manage ASW library delivery to EE HW supplier for embedding to the EE HW before each customer level delivery.
- Act as a liaison between OEM, EE HW Supplier, and engineering teams for issue resolution.
- Master degree (preferred) in Electrical or Computer and 7+ years of experience in full ECU development for embedded vehicle systems.
- Track record showing strong project leadership skills
- Strong understanding of embedded system development processes.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with issue resolution in embedded systems.
- Experience with EE HW architecture and safety analysis.
- Experience with embedded SW design and implementation.
- Familiarity with vehicle ESC and braking systems
- Experience with automotive development lifecycles and processes
- Experience acting as technical liaison with OEM
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be the team's point of contact with customers.
The company offers challenging work, stability, and ample opportunities for future growth.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 120000
Salary Max : 145000
Currency Type : US Dollars