Project Engineering Manager
Long Island, NY location- Full relocation provided
Stable, growing company seeks electronic design engineers and managers
for their Long Island NY facility. They are well-established and have a
strong product portfolio in the electronics space, providing
high-reliability communications, networking and power solutions for
aerospace, defense, industrial, and space applications. New technologies
are being developed for their customer base in the US and
This technical position manages and coordinates multiple electronic
- Provide project leadership role to manage and/or coordinate all
design team members and other resources, including outsourced and
offshored team members, to achieve timely completion of design
projects/programs from product definition and specification to
product release and production manufacture.
- Develop plans, schedules, and identify resources required to develop
products from market requirement through product release. Identify
risk areas and develop contingency plans to eliminate or mitigate
risk that could result in schedule delays or failure to meet
specification or design plan requirements.
- Coordinate the activities of Engineering, Materials, Manufacturing,
Quality Assurance and other personnel to ensure that all technical
and delivery requirements are met on assigned programs or projects,
including outsourced and offshore project teams.
- Facilitate and conduct design review meetings in accordance with
standard operating procedures to ensure coordination of all
departments at key steps within the design process. Interface with
external customers if and as needed.
- Manage and coordinate the efforts of assigned engineers and
technicians on multiple engineering projects to achieve timely
completion and meet performance, cost, quality and manufacturability
- Review, manage, proactively challenge, and control status of
projects/programs and budgets, manage schedules and prepare status
reports, and guide and lead teams in achieving the goals of the
program including issue identification, resolution and contingency
- Develop, articulate and present project/program status appropriately
targeted to meet the needs of audiences at all levels (including
technical and non-technical) and at all business levels including
business executives in both written, verbal and presentation forms.
- Provide input on performance appraisals and other timely feedback to
assigned engineering staff in a way that promotes overall
performance growth of the staff.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or similar field of studies is
required. Graduate degree desirable.
- Seven (7) or more years of engineering experience in analog and
digital circuit design and mixed signal design.
- Three (3) or more years of project/program engineering management
experience in leading and managing cross-functional teams, which
includes hardware, software, test, mechanical, and PCB design team
- Two (2) or more years of experience working with outsourced and
offshore engineering teams/projects/programs.
- Demonstrated leadership skills (soft skills, strategic thinking,
business acumen, supervisory experience, building teams, building
- Thorough knowledge of engineering principles and practice.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary design and development teams.
- Experience leading Integrated Product Teams, projects/programs
consisting of HW development, SW development, and IV&V functions and
managing projects/programs with competing/conflicting resource
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to
diagnose, resolve complex problems and to develop improved methods
to increase project/program efficiency.
- Experience communicating with senior management/leadership and
- Familiarity with preparation and development of project estimates,
technical proposals, and program cost and schedule management.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics,
parts lists, specifications, instructions and test procedure.
- Professional Certification in Program Management International (PMI)
and/or Program Management Professional (PMP) is highly desirable.
- Due to US export control laws, candidates must be US Citizens,
Permanent Residents or Green Card Holders
growing company, diverse products, good technology
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 170000
Salary Max : 200000
Currency Type : US Dollars