Reporting to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing, the Business Unit Manager is the top to bottom owner of the product line and is responsible for business results (Profit and Loss, meeting annual plan, and value creation) and operational execution. The scope of this position includes leadership of a cross functional business unit team (sales, operations, engineering, quality). Support New Business generation, proposal preparation, and Bookings. Profit and Loss accountability. Support the yearly business plan/budget. Oversee operating activities to ensure good customer service and cost objectives are met.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focuses on details of value creation, i.e.; value-based pricing, continual cost improvement, and identifying profitable new business opportunities, market analysis.
- P&L management (Daily and monthly planning, what are shipping today/next week, what are our costs, what decisions need to be made)
- Guides a team of sales, engineers, and manufacturing personnel to support BU objectives. Develop relationships at new business accounts while maintaining long standing relationships with distributors, end users and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
- Sell the value of products and influence customers decision to purchase.
- Provide weekly and monthly sales/bookings reports to management.
- Determine and implement strategic and/or tactical plans to win profitable new business.
- Negotiate sales and marketing contractual commitments with OEMs and end users.
- Travel will be global and include OEM meetings, distributor meetings, sales events such as trade shows, customer site visits with either salesman or distributors, and corporate meetings
- Represent company at trade shows, conventions, and seminars to maintain customer contact, increase brand exposure, and publicize new products and services.
- Manage a small team of direct reports in the office and field
- Travel requirements will be approximately 25-30%
- 4-year college degree (engineering or business degree preferred)
- MBA a plus
- Able to work on site when not traveling. No remote or hybrid work schedule is available
- 7 years minimum related experience
- Experience with increasing responsibilities
- Broad business knowledge preferred: technical sales, engineering, finance, and operations
- Aerospace or Industrial experience preferred.
- Ability to drive results from current and prior positions.
- Must be able to work with ITAR products and related data without restriction.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
The company promotes from this role to leadership and executive roles in Operations or Sales .
The next step in your career could keep you at this location or you could move to any of their 55+ divisions across the country.