The Sr. Ceramic Process Engineer performs supports our sales, quality and production teams through process design and R&D optimization; equipment recommendations, experimental work and statistical analysis.
- Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, continuous improvement and improved efficiency.
- Develop, implement and optimize production processes in support of current and new products
- Lead identification, selection, acquisition and implementation activities for new processing equipment.
- Assist in development of project schedules and work to achieve project deliverables on time and to budget.
- Lead development and validation of new materials as required.
- Lead qualification activities of alternate raw material grades and vendors
- Create and improve process documentation and assist with development of training material
- Key involvement with the training of personnel in supported processes and products
- Utilize statistical techniques to support analytical activities, experimental design and data-based decision processes
- Document and communicate plans, project actions
- Support the Sales and Marketing function in areas of process capability and product performance.
- Familiar with statistical analysis and techniques including capability analysis, design of experiments, hypothesis testing and correlation analysis.
- Work collaboratively with others across multiple functions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
Supervisory ResponsibilitySupervise technical support staff in assigned tasks
Full time, on-site.Qualifications:
- BS Ceramic Engineering, Material Science or Chemical Engineering
- Experience with ceramic materials, processes and processing equipment, including customization
- Statistical methodology and experimental design experience
- Experience in process engineering, or materials development, in a relevant industry
- The candidates will have skills working in a manufacturing environment with all the processes that are used including raw materials, custom and batch forming, and firing
- Familiarity with analysis of microstructures a plus.
- Broad background in materials processing and thermodynamics
- Familiarity with heterogenious catalysts
Long established high-tech, forerunner and global leader in ceramic products and applications used in commercial, residential, industrial, and military applications.
Ideal for those who prefer a more relaxed work and residential environment with a lower cost of living. (suburban rural).
Excellent school districts and many other employers in the area.
Not prone to layoffs and weather recessionary times extremely well
Low employee turn-over
Will not be asked to relocate in order to promote; promotional opportunities from within
Professional yet, laid-back, less stressful highly ethical culture