JOB TITLE: CUSTOM SPRAYING MANAGER
ABOUT EMPLOYER / AREA:Established Farm Operation located in South Central Minnesota. Corn/Soybean operation. Area has several large lakes for outdoor recreational activities like fishing, boating, swimming, hiking, snowmobiling, skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking and more. Lots of small, rural towns in this area of Minnesota with good public school, yet a 40 minute drive to Mankato and 1.5 hour drive to the Twin Cities for major shopping, restaurants, concerts and professional sports activities.
This employer is assisting a 40-year Midwestern Farm Operation looking to hire a Custom Spray Manager and expand their operation to include a custom spray business locally. Primary responsibilities will include managing the business, assisting with the purchase of a new JD Sprayer, operating the sprayer, hiring 1-2 part-time sprayers/drivers for April - September, managing the spray equipment and the spray schedules. Additional work could be available, if desired, during harvest and winter involving operating equipment, driving truck and possibly some equipment maintenance.
Employer offering $50,000 for April - September work with ability to earn more in incentives from setting up acres to utilize the spraying service, numbers of acres sprayed and other incentives. Benefits will be negotiable.
- High school diploma or GED required; postsecondary education beneficial
- At least 1 season operating a sprayer used to apply Ag chemicals to farm crops with minimal spray issues; 3+ seasons preferred
- Ability to supervise others and manage custom spraying operation and equipment
- Desire to call on area farmers to set up custom spraying services
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to keep good records with regard to spray schedules, chemical used, acres sprayed, etc.
- CDL beneficial and experienced at hauling grain or liquids
- Desire to reside/work in a small, rural Midwestern community
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Established Farm Operation Looking to Expand. Family-friendly work atmosphere. Lots of autonomy with position. April - November role with possibility for additional work during the year. Competitive base salary. Incentives. Benefits are negotiable.
Keywords: Manager, Spray Manager, Custom Spraying Manager, Sales, Agronomy, Ag Chemicals, Crop Protection, CP, Upper Midwest, MN, Ag, Agriculture
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 50000
Salary Max : 55000
Currency Type : US Dollars