Our client, an originator and leader in the farming equipment industry, develops innovative equipment along with fully integrated and add-on mobile applications for their agricultural products. Based in Saskatoon, SK with opportunity for hybrid WFH, flexible hours, travel and more, this high-performing team's focus is to design software and electronics that will add value for their customers and end users in the field and in the farm office.
The role will join a strong team of firmware and software engineers located in Saskatoon, SK to design, develop, test, debug and document applications for agriculture products - both in-cab and handheld. You'll improve the customer experience, including both design, performance, and usability, participate in requirements gathering, program design, and feature implementation, assist with GUI concept development of new products and projects and work closely with firmware developer to integrate application with the electronic/hydraulic control systems
In this role, you'll assist in the planning, management, guidance, and administration of projects, communicate with dealers and customers for feedback and input on products, liaise and collaborate with associated teams for new product integration and current product upgrades. If you are a developer, with Xama experience, who loves the UI side, talking to end-users, driving and riding in farm implements and making applications better for all, then this may be the opportunity for you!
- Degree in Engineering/CompSci, or related fields, with applicable background in UI, farm tech or software development and an interest in agriculture
- 5+ years of experience in application development, mobile platforms, GIS, and other
- Proficient with XAML/Xamarin), C# coding skills, reactive programming and willingness to learn within a fun team atmosphere
- Experience with Xamarin, MS Visual Studio, and Azure IoT a plus
- Good understanding of UI applications and MVVM design patterns
- Experience with front end web app development, preferably with Angular
- Familiarity with CI/CD best practices and configuration
Nice-to-haves would include:
- Ability/interest in developing software development plans, timelines and test procedures for farm equipment applications
- Some familiarity or a strong interest with agricultural/other equipment controls and displays, as well as farming, tractors and implements
- Great organizational skills with the ability to work independently or within a team
- Really strong and relaxed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think critically and analytically, taking information from end-users and incorporating into dev
- Enjoy working in an environment that supports being self-directed, collaborative and cutting-edge
Our client offers extensive and continued training and development, as well as career advancement opportunities. This role will be offered to an individual who seeks long-term growth within this successful, stable organization with an eye to the future. Learn and work along with the best while enjoying the energy of working in a dynamic and supportive team!
Questions may be addressed to Edward Danneberg, Sr Recruiter, at [Register to View]