A well established agricultural manufacturer, located in Alabama, is searching for an Design Manager to lead their engineering team. The Design Manager position encompasses a wide range of engineering disciplines including leading the team in product design, product support, manufacturing support, as well as providing positive interactions with customers and fellow employees.
Product Design- Candidate will lead the R&D of new product development and existing product improvement.
- Strong knowledge of CAD software is a must. SolidWorks knowledge is preferred.
- Product design and development tasks will be from product inception to completion/production. Responsibilities will include new idea generation, prototype development, tooling specifications, final design release, and writing of manuals for the end user.
Product/Mfg Support- Product support will be both in product design and technical sales support.
- Initiate design changes to improve the quality and performance of products.
- Provide cost cutting initiatives in the design and manufacturing processes.
- Candidate will have interaction with end-users, distributors and OEMs in person at trade shows, and by customer visits, as well as by phone
- Individual must utilize strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- PE license preferred but not required
- Five plus years of Design Experience in a manufacturing environment with proven progression in design ability, preferably in pump design.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team of engineers and prioritize assignments in order to achieve both monthly and quarterly objectives.
- Candidate must be able to multi-task, be self-motivated, have excellent time management skills, and show a history of being able to meet strict deadlines.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Mechanical Engineer position - Alabama
$95,000 - $100,000
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 95000
Salary Max : 100000
Currency Type : US Dollars