Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is representing a large dairy facility located in Arizona who are searching for General Manager to oversee their operation. The General Manager oversees the overall strategy, planning, and implementing operational elements of the Farm. This includes cattle reconciliation, contracting commodities, inventory, facility maintenance, maintenance financial analysis, liaison to corporate accounting, safety, and modeling for projects.
- Running day to day operations of a large dairy farm (e.g., milk barns, feeding, maintenance, calf, heifer, breeding programs, etc)
- Coordinating all activities related to the farm and serves as a source of expertise as measured by costs per CWT and income over feed costs.
- Reviewing departmental budgets, including staffing, labor and equipment needs as measured by meeting budget requirements.
- Conferring with department heads and other internal customers to ensure coordination of operations activities with activities of other functions such as Corporate, organic, calf, cow, etc.
- Creating monthly checks and balances for operations
- Working with Human Resources in handling issues including but not limited to hiring, feedback, disciplinary actions, termination, and payroll.
- Maintaining a safe environment for all department functions as measured by the safety record, accident-free days, lost time days and total dollars spent.
- Creating capital expenditure and annual budgets
- Initiating continuous Business Process Improvement (SPBI) as measured by total projects completed, project participation, and total dollars saved
- Ensuring compliance for all governmental regulations as well as customer related inspections to include FDA, OSHA, State, County and Federal inspections
- Cross training associates in the use of herd and feed management software
- Other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have experience working with Financial Statements, Developing / Maintaining Budgets, Leading P&L Review, Reading Balance Sheets, etc.
- 10+ years of large herd experience
- 5+ years experience developing and leading teams
- Proven ability to effect change, identify opportunities, research solutions, request resources, sustain results, and share learnings
- Strong team approach to management, communication, and people skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Experience managing a cropping operation is a plus, but not required.
General Manager position - Arizona
$140,000 - $190,000
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 140000
Salary Max : 190000
Currency Type : US Dollars