An established dairy operation is searching for a Calf Herdsman. The selected candidate for this position will provide elite animal care by growing and developing healthy calves to maximize their reproductive performance.
The primary responsibility of this position is to conduct the day-to-day care of all calves in the calf raising facilities. The goal is to maximize growth of calves in this segment through meticulous and careful management and care. Focus on cleanliness, organization, attention to detail, and a passion for animal agriculture are a must to be considered for this position. General responsibilities are outlined below:
- Worked full-time on a calf raising or feeding operation for at least one year- Self-starter that is capable of managing their own time to achieve the goals of the position
- Microsoft Office programs proficiency
- Have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation
- The needs of this business are not confined to typical workday hours. Livestock care is necessary 365 days/year. As such, the ability and willingness to work early and late hours as well as weekends and holidays is required.
- Providing daily care of livestock can entail lifting heavy bags, buckets, bales, etc. The ability to safely lift and carry at least 50lbs is required.
- Ability to work independently to provide animal care and achieve animal health and performance goals is a must
Calf Herdsman position - Wisconsin
$45,000 - $55,000