A large dairy operation located in Oregon is searching for a Senior Staff Accountant. This position will perform a wide variety of regular and recurring moderately complex accounting functions requiring full professional competency. Establish and maintain accounting records. Maintain one or a combination of general accounting, budget, or cost systems. Assist in interpreting accounts and records for administrative officers. May balance books, prepare tax reports, or other special projects.
Essential Functions:- Prepare general ledger, chart of accounts and financial statements.
- Assist with annual audit and budget reporting.
- Manage reporting on all capital improvements, property taxes, land leases and fixed assets.
- Serve as primary support to Controller.
- Work directly with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Scale, Shop, and Crop reporting as necessary.
- Maintain professional relationship with customers and vendors.
- Work directly with managers in all aspects of financial reporting.
- College degree in accounting required.
- 3-5 years experience in accounting or finance.
- System knowledge should include solid proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office products and 10-key. Experience with Great Plains Accounting Software or similar accounting programs preferred.
- Solid knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), accounting processes (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger), reconciling accounts, and processing book closings.
- Solid analytical skills to analyze business processes and identify risk; apply sound, well-balanced reasoning to reach decisions quickly and accurately.
- Able to work alone or in a team environment.
- Able to work safely around equipment and other people.
Senior Staff Accountant position - Oregon
$60,000 - $70,000
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 60000
Salary Max : 70000
Currency Type : US Dollars