Summary/ObjectiveAccomplishes department objectives by planning and evaluating project activities, managing production schedules and production employees, correlating customer acknowledgements to completion dates, verifying design and manufacturing methods as well as managing materials and the vendor relationships.
Production Manager Process
1. Accomplishes project objectives by verifying materials, selected finishes, and production methods are aligned to the customers expectations of what is being produced.
2. Assigning production tasks, scheduling production, and coaching employees; communicates job expectations; plans, monitors, appraises, and maintains department profitability; plans and reviews production activities; and enforces policies and procedures.
3. Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepares and completes action plans; implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolves problems; completes audits; identifies trends; determines system improvements; and implements change.
4. Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements, contributing to the preparation of an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and vendor price negotiations, and initiating corrective actions.
5. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
6. Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.Qualifications:
Some travel to client locations is required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma/GED.
2. Minimum 5+ years experience required in manufacturing industry.
3. Minimum 1+ years production experience.
4. Proficient in ERP Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Outlook.
5. Must have technical skills to proficiently run shop equipment like table saw, routers, and CNCs.
6. Detail-oriented and capable of working on multiple tasks and deadlines at once.
7. Dependable with a positive attitude and commitment for success.
8. Ability to communice professionally both verabally and in writing.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. BA/BS in related field preferred. High School Diploma or GED requiredWhy is This a Great Opportunity:
Great location in Gulfport, MS only yards from Gulf Coast. Economy more affordable living than larger Cities in South.