The Sr. Director, Manufacturing Operations will lead our clients first high volume solar shingle manufacturing plant in Georgetown, Texas. This individual will partner with leaders from Supply Chain, Expansions, NPI, Finance, and R&D teams. This role is a crucial member of the Manufacturing leadership team, directly reporting to the SVP of Manufacturing, but working closely across functions.
With outstanding manufacturing and equipment automation experience, creative problem-solving, organized thinking, and strong collaboration skills s/he can help us deliver the solar roof of the future and protect what matters most. The ideal candidate must have a passion for thinking out of the box and thrive working in a startup fast-paced environment.
This role will lead all aspects of the manufacturing and fulfillment operations, specifically EH&S, production, planning, warehousing, engineering, and maintenance. The successful candidate will be an optimistic leader who excels at problem-solving and thrives on continuous improvement. Demonstrated P&L and cost productivity achievement is critical to success in the role.
What will you do?
- Deliver safety, quality, cost, and delivery targets across 24/7 operations
- Deploy metrics and dashboards to effectively and efficiently manage safety, quality, cost, OEE, maintenance reliability, and process improvement
- Optimize the end-to-end value stream through productivity roadmap improvement initiative execution
- Represent GAF Energy within the community and to our customers
- Collaborate with Supply Chain teams across the broader matrixed ecosystem including Sourcing, Factory Planning and Fulfillment to ensure execution and proper materials/capacity
- Support New Production Introductions through factory modification and flexible resource allocation
- Proactively communicate challenges, providing root cause analysis and recovery actions
- Build a winning culture that emphasizes teamwork, collaboration, and success
What do we require from you?
- BS in Physics, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 15+ years of work experience in 24/7 production environments; minimum of 5 years of work experience in solar module manufacturing, preferred
- Demonstrated track record of execution, challenging problem-solving capability, and delivery of operational goals
- Expert level in best practices for manufacturing, automation, equipment design, productivity improvement, cost reduction, quality improvement, and safety
- Energy and proactivity, with a proven track record of getting results in a high-growth, dynamic startup in an environment where no job is too small?
- Strong analytical background, including statistical process control (SPC), structured problem-solving methodologies (8D, RCCA), and Lean
- Skilled at building trust, developing relationships, influencing others, and collaborating effectively upwards and downwards, a good listener
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external functional teams verbally, in writing, and in executive presentations
- Proven record of leading and developing high-performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and engage staff
- Low-ego team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
Excellent company culture and generous benefits (sign on , performance, long term) are part of the compensation plan. They also have a generous 401K contribution before matching.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 150000
Salary Max : 160000
Currency Type : US Dollars