This job is archived
Emerge is actively recruiting for a Continuous Improvement Manager position with a fantastic client company in the York, PA area! The deployment of our clients Continuous Improvement System (SBS) is a major change transformation that requires detailed coordination of change management elements, training and coaching, program management, event planning, execution & follow up, problem solving and the reporting of the benefits. Having elements of the famed Toyota Management System, SBS is a company-wide initiative, supported both at the corporate as well as OpCo-level leadership, to help the organization drive continuous improvement, reduce operating expenses, improve our customer experience, and provide numerous opportunities to both grow and develop with the company. Our client seeks to grow organically through new product introductions. For the right individual, the opportunities can be significant. The Continuous Improvement Manager position offers a generous compensation and benefits package and tremendous room for growth!
The SBS Manager position reports to Sr. Director, Project Management & SBS, has a strong background in operations, supply chain, and continuous improvement, has a management team position, and is 100% dedicated to the deployment of SBS throughout the company. The role will be supported by, and take some strategic direction from, senior-level resources at the corporate level.
The overall responsibility of the deployment remains with the Site or Function Leader who is supported by the management team including the Continuous Improvement Manager. While a principal focus is on manufacturing operations, the SBS leader will identify, enable, and support process improvement projects and progress throughout all functions and Value Streams.
While the role has no formal direct reports, the position is one of significant influence who will seek, train and coach organizational resources to run Kaizen events and become lean disciples to multiply productivity enhancements SBS is designed to drive.
Key Job Requirements
- The SBS Manager will provide support by helping the management team to thoroughly plan, execute and deliver the SBS deployment activities of the SBS Framework.
- The SBS Leader will coordinate the necessary training and coaching to the management team and facilitate the delivery either personally or by using internal and/or external expertise so that they can lead their own training/Kaizen events.
- The results of the deployment (exit deliverables, KPI impact and SBS calibration) are owned by the management team and will be reported by the SBS Leader at the steering team meeting and during the deployment reviews with the SBS Group Team expert.
- The SBS Leader will respectfully challenge the status quo and be the role model for SBS thinking and maturity.
- Interface with leadership team regarding SBS progress
- Deliver training either directly or via SBS Group coaches or other internal or external experts
- Provide coaching to management team members and Kaizen leads on event planning, execution and follow up
- Provide support to the management team on the delivery of results
- Develop and maintain networks with peers across the deployment sites and known external benchmarks and best practices
- Provide proposals for the site vision to bring the site in line with external benchmarks and best practices
Communicate the lean vision
- Maintain consistent behavior in line with the SBS Guiding Principles & Leadership behaviors
- Coaches the management team on the consistent lean principles
- Communicates the management teams SBS vision to all stakeholders at the site
- Publicize and celebrate the success of the deployment within and beyond the site
- Incorporate SBS into the agenda of all site visits
- Manage the deployment in line with the deployment roadmap milestones and deliverables
- Report the progress of the deployment during the steering team meeting and business SBS reviews
- Prepare for and recommend GO/NO GO and Site Certification Reviews (in accordance with the newly released bronze, silver, gold levels within the Spectris Business System).
- Bachelors or masters degree
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a Continuous Improvement or Value Stream role. Leadership positions are welcome
- Experience in site-wide Lean deployment
- Lean certification from industry leader is welcome
- Demonstrable track record of sustained improvements in a manufacturing setting
- Demonstrated networking and team building successes
- Ability to enthuse colleagues in Lean Thinking as a business necessity
- Able to work at multiple levels of the organization, from Team Members on the Shopfloor to Senior Managers
- A belief in 'walking the talk', leading by example and working as a member of a team
- Some business travel may be necessary, but the role will primarily be focused in York
It's a hybrid role and the ideal position for someone looking to make a difference at a smaller manufacturer. It's a chance for someone to move from a big pond and be a key decision maker in the manufacturing process. While it's a manager position, there aren't any reports---so if you consider yourself an independent worker but still a team player this would be the role for you.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 90000
Salary Max : 120000
Currency Type : US Dollars