We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced seller-doer
business development-oriented Senior Project Manager Roadway/Traffic
to join our Transportation group in Tennessee! Position can be based in
Knoxville, Nashville, or Chattanooga. We are looking to expand our focus
and market share in transportation design with TDOT and new municipal
- Managing and serving as Tennessee Transportation Project Manager on
TDOT statewide transportation design projects including traffic,
planning, highway, roadway, and major interchanges
- Represent award-winning firms while building new businesses and
managing relationships with key transportation leaders.
- Arranging, facilitating, and preparing for meetings and coordinating
with major clients
- Building new business and managing relationships with key
transportation leaders within TDOT and other major clients including
municipalities and contractors for design-build throughout
- Managing and assisting with strategic pursuits including proposal
development and client meetings
- Preparing and managing design and construction contract
specifications for transportation projects
- Being involved with budget, scope, and schedule development,
monitoring and adherence for tasks and projects managed
- Implementing quality procedures at project and task levels
- Being active in professional societies in which clients or potential
clients are members.
- Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering or related discipline
Professional engineering (PE) license
- 10+ years of TDOT project management experience
PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list)
- Proven and successful experience winning and managing TDOT projects.
- Previous engineering design experience with pre-qualification ability with TDOT is a major plus.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
This well-known award-winning global privately owned engineering and construction firm provides legendary client service and smart engineering solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy, and facilities. This firm takes the time and resources to reinvest in its employees, tools, and technology to find better solutions ensuring thriving careers and a stable future for all of its employees. Provides a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment that fosters personal leadership, career growth, and development for every employee/engineer.