Tooling Manager Injection Molding
Our client is a leading family-owned German injection molding company
which manufactures components and tools for the automotive industry.
With 120 employees in the US and a global presence of 7 locations with
1,300 employees, they are consistent with investment in research and
development and creating the conditions required to meet the expanding
needs of its customers.
The Tooling Manager will be based at the plant near Richmond, VA.
Relocation support is available as well as corporate housing if
Get your passport ready! You will oversee the tool build processes with
suppliers in Inda, China and Europe. Project based travel activities
will be necessary.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience with mold
making/ injection molding tools preferably in automotive industry.
Summary: Oversees tool builds and repairs designed for injection
- Internally interacts with production, quality, maintenance, and
management to assist with solutions to tooling issues and new
- Externally interacts with customers and vendors to build and
- Travel both domestically and internationally to oversee tool builds
and repairs for injection molding.
- Maintains good employee relations and adherence to Companys
procedures and policy provisions.
- Assist customers who visit the company to understand all customer
requirements and to help build and maintain an ongoing strong
relationship between the company and the customer.
- Completion of formal apprenticeship program, technical school
- 5+ years of mold making experience.
- Experience in injection molding tooling projects.
- Product launch experience.
- A solid understanding of geometry and 3D scans and interpretation of
blueprints, CAD and Solidworks.
- Possess a thorough understanding of mold manufacturing concepts
(i.e. fitting tooling, venting, frame interlocking techniques,
- Capable of working with production, quality, maintenance, and
management to troubleshoot and determine necessary repairs and
assist with new projects.
- Self-directed and takes initiative in constant improvement in
quality and performance.
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships between company and
- Basic SAP knowledge
- Automotive Injection Molding Experience
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Originality and initiative are important as well as the ability to
work under unusual or extreme pressures.
- Must be self-directed and have the initiative and drive for constant
improvement in quality and performance.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Excellent benefits, family like work environment, exciting new product launches.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 110000
Salary Max : 140000
Currency Type : US Dollars