This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidates. If you value progression in your career and would like to join in a relationship that values your developing with their company as much as their bottom line to productivity and quality, then perhaps this opportunity might be right for you.
Our client has an opportunity to fill a Launch Engineer for their plant located about an hour northeast of Grand Rapids, MI. Here is some information for you.
- Responsible for all new product and process launches from quoting through award, launch, and post launch support. Includes new programs and changes to existing programs. Also responsible for operations support in regard to product and process improvements through life cycle of product.
- Quote new business and changes to existing business and communicating back to customer.
- Develop and track budgets for new programs and projects.
- Track and complete all APQP customer and IAC deliverables required
- Manage communication between all parties involved in new launches, including plant, customer, corporate and outside suppliers.
- Design processes and work cells to optimize OEE, quality, and safety.
- Other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with OEM systems and terms, especially Ford and/or GM
- Ability to quote new product and changes, including piece price, tooling, capital, and secondary equipment
- Familiarity with APQP deliverables, including PPAP, run at rate, dimensional compliance
- Organizational skills to track spending against budget, along with prioritizing and scheduling spending.
- Familiarity with injection mold process and tooling, to be able to determine feasibility of new products, processes, and engineering changes.
- Familiarity with concepts of common lean skills, including CI, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and reliably between customer, suppliers, and IAC personnel.
- Familiarity with basic plant financial concepts that impact cost and quoting, including OEE, fixed and variable overhead, labor, and materials.
I've worked with this company for over 15 years and deal with plant personnel as well as the VP of HR. Get me a great candidate and the chances of setting up an interview will be very solid.