This job is archived
(Archived) Quality Engineer
Quality Engineer Hybrid (based out of SC or VA)
Our client is a leading family-owned German injection molding company
which manufactures components and tools for the automotive industry.
With 120 employees in the US and a global presence of 7 locations with
1,300 employees, they are consistent with investment in research and
development and creating the conditions required to meet the expanding
needs of its customers.
The Quality Engineer is a hybrid position that is ideally located in the
Upstate, SC near the customer or near Richmond, VA near the production
plant. Relocation support is available as well as corporate housing if
preferred. This position requires flexibility to travel between both
You will join a team of 4 other Quality professionals with an overall
company culture where everyone supports each other with one common goal
The ideal candidate will have experience with injection molding products
and processes and at least 5 years in automotive Quality Engineering,
preferably with a German OEM customer.
The quality engineer is responsible for the generation of a strategic
plan to improve the business processes and increase production output.
Your responsibilities include creating the company's quality standards
and testing systems to reflect efficiency, reliability and performance.
You will be responsible for the creation of documentation that reports
issues and errors relating to the production process with efforts placed
to find a solution.
- Develop inspection methods to analyze product quality.
- Improve product quality by making recommendations for change.
- Work together with relevant teams and departments to improve
- Ensure products adhere to company and industry quality standards.
- Brainstorm ideas to create solutions for identified problems.
- Formulate a strategic plan to increase productivity in the business.
- Document results and findings after inspections are carried out.
- Implement a working system to ensure conformity and accuracy in the
- Help develop and maintain quality management system (QMS).
- Facilitate the creation of coordinate measuring machine (CMM)
programs and measure product as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Experience in automotive engineering methods (APQP, FMEA, MSA, PPAP,
- 5+ years experience Automotive quality engineering
- Extensive experience in a quality assurance environment
- High proficiency in computer technology and systems operations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- In-depth understanding of industry market trends and conditions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work efficiently in a team environment.
- Basic mathematical arithmetic skills
- Knowledge of ISO/IATF 16949
- German language skills would be a plus.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Family owned 3rd generation
Open door hands-on leadership
Company just invested $5.5 Mio in new machines/equipment coming soon for production launch in 2024
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 75000
Salary Max : 90000
Currency Type : US Dollars