The Corporate Quality Manager will lead a segment of the organizations quality function in the development and promoting of best practices, continuous improvement projects, quality specifications, procedures, and training tools that optimize product quality to improve the customer experience. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to excel at the essential functions assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Directly coaches and provides oversight for projects led by others, both in corporate as well as across the manufacturing platform
- Lead efforts for successful project replication amongst manufacturing facilities
- Provide leadership to plant quality managers
- Identify and implement new technology to aide product quality inspections, standardization, and product uniformity. Ability to lead projects in this area and develop test plans to validate technology changes will be successful.
- Develop and maintain Process Audits to identify opportunities in manufacturing to improve consistency
- Actively participate on assigned teams and projects in multiple functional areas
- Review Customer and Provider complaint / reject data (QMS, COQ, and Scrap data), and provide recommendations for improvement projects, spec changes, and communications. Utilizing this data to validate impact of projects when identified.
- Identify critical quality criteria and implement robust solutions to monitor process capability
- Maintain Quality Specifications. Must write and maintain quality specifications so that they are in alignment with product and customer requirements and are clear to all users.
- Develop, review, and revise quality Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide training to quality, manufacturing, customer service and sales & marketing employees in support of the companys total quality system that achieves meeting or exceeding customer requirements
- Oversee Quality Waiver processes and implementation of corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Prepare reports as required by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data to communicate findings to the organization
- Responsibilities also require direct communication and coordination with all levels of the organization
- Working on many cross-functional teams
- Minimum of 5-7 years in quality within a manufacturing environment
- Must have experience in statistical process control techniques, continuous improvement practices, and process analysis.
- Track record of successful project management (leading projects and overseeing project completion)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to utilize multiple systems and tools to evaluate data (Smartsheet, QMAPS, Power BI, etc).
- Familiarity with capability studies, Gauge R&R, CTQs, PPAP and print reading a plus.
- Familiarity with six sigma and lean methodologies a plus.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud, Sales Force, SharePoint, PowerBI and Qualtrics (or similar tools) is preferred
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
This is a a very stable yet growing company. They are leaders in their industry. With $1.7B in sales they have multiple plants throughout the U.S. All plants are non union. They are very good at promoting within. Strong career growth, great company benefits and full relocation provided.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 90000
Salary Max : 105000
Currency Type : US Dollars