NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Manager will promote an engaged and safe work environment. This leader must be strong business-minded leader capable of driving results, reducing cost, obtaining on-time delivery, developing employees, and being a positive culture steward. Responsible for establishing goals including safety, quality, and performance measures. This position will supervise a portion of the production team. This leader will apply company principles to strategizing new ideas to move the business to a higher level.
- Manage Safety Program and maintain a superior team safety awareness.
- Completes necessary business justification analysis to manage the operational and fiscal activities of the department to include: staffing levels, budgets, and financial goals.
- Manage hiring process for hourly staffing. Coordinating with Human Resources for permanent staffing and outside staffing agencies for temporary staffing.
- Establish and analyze internal and finished goods inventory target levels on a quarterly basis.
- Monitor and root cause analyze key performance indicator (on time delivery, quality, conversion cost, target levels).
- Support cost, quality, delivery and productivity initiatives through employee involvement as well as continue to encourage empowerment and to drive company principles as well as 80/20 efforts.
- Provides monthly statistical reports on team productivity.
- Partners with Quality Engineer on customer issues and complaints relating to planning and resolution.
- Partners with engineering to maintain and improve the manufacturing environment to harmoniously respond to changing customer needs.
- Analyze, plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department.
- Provide formal and informal feedback to employees, establish goals, conduct employee performance reviews, coach and provide career development advice to staff.
- Partners with General Manager and Human Resources on training opportunities for staff.
- Working with direct staff, ensure consistent emphasis is placed on building relationships, being visible, communicate, encourage creativity and innovation.
- Coach employees to have positive and proactive attitudes, personal accountability, and superior manufacturing quality as well as encouraging ownership of production, products and processes.
- Coach employees to resolve conflict in a fair, consistent and empowered manner within a team environment.
- Supervise staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Follows the 80/20 philosophy in prioritizing daily tasks and serves as a contributing member of the Operations Staff.
- Professionally represents company and actively participate in diverse settings including all employee meetings, departmental meetings, audits and other related meetings.
- Foster, communicate and exemplify the values of the company; act with integrity and trust, operate with simplicity, treat everyone with respect, take shared risk.
- Builds a network of inter-company peers and subject matter experts for consultation on best practices for managing people and for system/process efficiency.
- Demonstrate and encourage effective communications to personnel at all levels of the business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field (Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management) preferred. A relevant Diploma will be acceptable.
- Minimum eight. (8) to ten (10) years of leading a team in a manufacturing environment within a facility employing 50+ production employees; focusing on safety, quality, and production
- Must be driven to succeed and interested in progressing career.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who follows directions well and can handle multiple tasks simultaneously, manage priorities and work independently as well as on a team.
- Able to adapt effectively to changes in the work environment in a positive manner; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Possess the track record of a proven leader and team player, demonstrates positive attitude, takes personal accountability, coaches, listens, approachable, and resolves issues/conflicts in timely manner.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with experience in working with all levels of company and outside resources.
- Demonstrated project management, analytical, strategic, problem-solving experience; displaying an ability to work effectively within complex decision making and organizational structures.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel. Proficient in the use of MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and/or SharePoint to prepare reports, presentations, and analyses.
- Proficient in using the ERP systems for the business
- Understanding of a variety of operational excellence competencies including, but not limited to: Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma, Visual Management, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Kaizen, Poke Yoke, etc.
- Able to travel as needed for the business.
- Must be capable of working in a manufacturing environment, which require exposure to heat, cold, machinery and controlled chemicals.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Company Produces Automotive and Non-Automotive Parts; Recession Proof