This job is archived
The primary function of this role is to provide technical expertise for solving all types of process issues and to act as a primary contact with the end customer for any and all production issues. The primary goals are to support the improvement of plant metrics such as downtime, customer PPM, and defects.
- Lead continuous improvements and provide technical expertise solving process problems.
- Troubleshoot equipment and part defects. Implement corrective actions quickly and effectively.
- Manage process documentation such as work instructions and setup instructions.
- Optimize the manufacturing processes to improve quality and material flow, while reducing cycle times.
- Work with the Process Planning team during development and launch of new equipment, tooling, and processes.
- Provide training for new and modified processes.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Engineering required, Mechanical\Electrical preferred.
- Exposure to the manufacturing environment required; automotive manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience 0-10 (open to recent grads)
- Experience with the development, installation, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems quickly and effectively implement short and long term counter measures.
- Intermediate knowledge of PLC programming preferred.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing, JIS, OEE, line sequencing, KANBAN, etc. a plus.
- Ability to lead cost focused solutions to manufacturing issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational aptitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess strong computer skills (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc.).
Are you seeking an opportunity to work with a leading supplier to the automotive industry who offers excellent opportunities for growth and development and a diverse training program to help you reach your full potential? Our client is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for their Charleston, South Carolina facility.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 70
Salary Max : 95
Currency Type : US Dollars