Perform all duties necessary, under the general direction of the Manufacturing Manager to provide support to the Fuel Injector manufacturing efforts. The position has accountability for development, measurement and maintenance of product and process procedures.
Development of SOPs, Control Plans and other documentation associated with TS16949 compliance.
- Development of new product manufacturing and equipment specifications, processes and hardware.
- Performance of cost justifications for new products.
- Work with other engineers and technicians through successful launch of new products.
- Provide technical leadership for assigned product lines.
- Provide troubleshooting for quality and process improvement activities.
- Process improvements in the form of scrap/waste reduction
- Other duties as assigned by the Manufacturing Manager
Success Factors/Job Competencies
Leadership Skills The ability to lead others to coordinate multiple tasks and responsibilities
Organization skills The ability to organize and coordinate several tasks at the same time
Time Management The ability to divide available time between priorities in meet deadlines
Diagnostic Skills Ability to analyze a problem and development a resolution plan
Technical Skills Skills and experience in the relevant products
Communication Skills The ability to effective communicate through multiple media
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: The incumbent is required to work at a desk including the use of telephone, computer and paper, reading and writing communications; walking through the location to visit offices, production/shipping areas and labs as necessary, bending, stooping to observe manufacturing processes. The incumbent will be required to travel as necessary with the responsibilities of the position
Work environment: Work will be performed in office, production floor, lab and outside settings.
Annual performance appraisal
Attainment of annual goals as set between the supervisor and incumbent
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years Manufacturing Engineering Experience
- Experience with ISO or QS systems
- Project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Engineering experience in an automotive setting OEM, Tier 1, or Tier 2
- Root cause analysis/problem solving training (Shainin, Six Sigma, or similar)
Location: Greenville, SC Automotive Tier 1 Supplier Non-Union
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 80
Salary Max : 100
Currency Type : US Dollars