Global Tier 1 automotive manufacturer seeks a Plant HR Manager for their El Paso, TX plant!!
Bilingual Spanish is required!!
The El Paso Campus Human Resources Manager has overall Plant/Site responsibility for the HR function as it relates to the delivery and execution of Human Resources, Health Safety Environmental standards and guidelines as defined by the Subject Matter Experts (SME or Centers of Excellence COE often referred to as functional groups; ex. IT, HS&E Corporate Group). Locally, they are responsible for the identification of local programs and solutions that enable the company to exceed our business objectives through teammate engagement. To provide strategic leadership and direction in promoting fair, equitable, effective and leading-edge human resources solutions, benefits, administration programs, policies and best practice systems and processes.
This position requires a combination of both strategic and hands-on/tactical HR expertise. Actively manages and contributes to the promotion of a healthy, safe and environmentally responsible workplace by encouraging and involving all employees in the ownership and continuous improvement of HS&E in the workplace and to promote the use of better HS&E practices.
This is an on-site position. Bi-lingual required.
As a key member of the Plant Management Team, the Human Resources Manager is expected to contribute at an operational level by providing value in all areas of Human Resources
- Supports business strategy and objectives through the execution of end-to-end HR solutions and delivery of corporate initiatives ensuring that the working environment is conducive to high levels of teammate engagement and commitment.
- Participates fully as part of the plant/site leadership team and acts as advisor to the Plant Manager.
- In addition to remaining current with all applicable country, federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations, this role requires the individual to adhere to and enforce all established Company policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership and direction to all teammates by providing coaching and interpretation to complex employee relations issues to develop problem resolution solutions and improved teammate performance.
- Participate in Local Human Resources community to network and benchmark best labour/employment practices and understand local issues and trends.
- Partners with the business to achieve its objectives by identifying human resources and organizational development issues and by leading the analysis and diagnosis of client needs.
- Design and/or reinforce application/implementation of site-specific HR policies, standards and procedure taking into account the organization's vision, mission and values, legislative requirements and industry best practices, notifying plant manager and functional manager of non-compliance.
- Track and provide analysis and subsequent improvement plans with respect to HR metrics and KPIs
Health, Safety & Environment:
- Implement, maintain and be accountable for all plant/corporate HSE requirements and standards assigned by the senior site manager.
- Manage teammate injury and disability claims from the time they are reported to the teammates return to work on their pre-injury duties.
- Report all injury claims and HS&E statistics per Corporate and regulatory requirements, maintain required documents and records.
- Participate in monthly JHSC meetings. Be a constant advocate of responsible management of all health, safety and environmental issues.
- Understand the health and safety responsibilities of the employer, managers, supervisors and teammates within the facility.
- Establish administrative procedures that encourage all teammates to report unsafe conditions and unsafe practices to their supervisors without fear of being disciplined.
- Provide advice to teammates and the management team in matters of occupational health and safety.
- Act as the facility liaison for regulatory visits/inspections as the need arise..
- Assist with revisions/updates of plant HS&E Procedures, as necessary.
Labor Management & Employee Relations:
- Provide responsible leadership and direction to create an environment that promotes an effective constructive working relationship.
- Represents management in Employee relations.
- Provides firm, fair and consistent application of employment management practices to resolve issues and problems through workable solutions in a professional and timely manner.
- Supports monthly teammate engagement activities.
Training & Development:
- Develop and implement training matrices and plans based on training needs for all teammates in conjunction with department heads per ISO 9001requirements and TWI methodology.
- Organize and deliver in-house training as needed per local regulations or corporate compliance. Interface with corporate Talent and Organizational development center of excellence.
Recruitment & Selection:
- Facilitate screening, testing, interviewing and the selection process for all available positions in conjunction with the hiring manager.
- Maintain applicant and talent pool in compliance with all regulatory boards.
- Administer and coordinate Orientation/Onboarding for newly hired and transferred teammates in partnership with the hiring manager.
Performance and Talent Management:
- Provides guidance to management team to ensure performance promotes the overall plant effectiveness. Responsible to administer and oversee Woodbridge Performance Management and Development System.
- Responsible to deploy talent management models and tools to identify high potentials and ensure associated development and succession plans are in place.
- Maintains an understanding of regional salary, wage and benefit trends to ensure that corporate programs remain competitive and compliant.
- Provides support and alignment to Corporate Total Rewards programs to ensure consistent and timely delivery.
- Oversees the Total Rewards enrollment process, record keeping and materials distribution, utilizing the HRIS and other corporate approved information sources.
- Provide feedback to Corporate Total Rewards on the quality, service levels and programs of service providers for benefit and retirement programs.
- Participate in the development & execution of action plans with the plant leaders and provide guidance on feedback where required including best practices and procedures.
- Foster effective two-way communication on a timely and consistent basis from and to all teammates.
- Bachelors degree, Professional Human Resources Designation preferred.
- Five (5) or more years experience in a similar role within the manufacturing industry, specifically automotive is desirable.
- Solid understanding of all facets of HR management with the ability to persuade and influence decision makers at multiple organizational levels.
- Proven experience working in a matrix global organization with a strong business acumen.
- Working knowledge of payroll and HRIS systems would be an asset.
- Understanding of technical concepts, and ability or willingness to learn technical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and end-user training ability.
Global Tier 1 automotive supplier with other 60+ plants and 7000 employees worldwide seeks a HANDS ON Plant HR Mnager with solid manufacturing industry experience. Two direct reports.
ANY MANUFACTURING industry experience is acceptable.
This is a NON UNION plant!!
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 90000
Salary Max : 105000
Currency Type : US Dollars