This job is archived
(Archived) Safety Coordinator
The Safety Coordinator will be responsible for providing strategic direction to the site and company leadership on Environmental Safety and Health issues / opportunities. Provide technical and regulatory expertise to ensure environmental compliance, safe work practices and continuous improvement of EHS programs.
Position may include second shift and weekend coverage as needed.
- Promote safety awareness, accident prevention and employee involvement in environmental and safety programs.
- Devise, supervise, and Safety Team Leads.
- Make recommendations on best safety practices, and audit locations adherence to those practices.
- Consult with departments on design and use of equipment, fire prevention and safety program.
- Make studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health.
- Formulate safety policies and procedures in compliance with state and federal OSHA rules and regulations..
- Audit facilities and offices to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards.
- Communicate corrective or preventative measures required to appropriate management.
- Continually monitor compliance issues such as MSDS files, OSHA reporting, etc.
- Conduct site audits, evaluate plant's compliance with safety and environmental regulations identify areas of improvements.
Required Education and Experience:
- 5 or more years of safety-related experience.
- Experience working with OSHA Regulations, and performing root cause analysis on accident investigations
- At least 3 years of experience in a manufacturing setting
Skills and abilities you have to be successful in this position:
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Familiarity with environmental permitting and reporting
- Strong understanding of OSHA, and HACCP.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Advanced knowledge of TPS, 5S, and Kaizen
- Expert Leadership Skills
- Advanced ability to multitask
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Stable, well known company, global leader in industry. Excellent benefits and opportunity for growth.