This job is archived
(Archived) Manufacturing Engineer - Machining
The Manufacturing Process Engineer - Machining will be part of the team leading the generation of an e-compressor production in North America. As the Manufacturing Engineer - Machining you will coordinate global projects working together with colleagues from North America, Europe, China and South America to develop, implement, and improve the manufacturing processes for compressors globally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop & install new production lines and equipment focusing on e-compressor business
- Develop & implement machining related equipment, e.g. fixtures, cutting tools, gages, etc.
- Support outsourcing activities and related supplier visits/audits
- Support and work close to product engineering following a design for manufacturing (DFM) approach
- Plan & support implementation of infrastructure investment or modifications with regards to machining processes continuous improvement
- Support the release of new products and production processes (PPAP)
- Create quality-related documentation for developed processes (PFC, PFMEA, PCP, etc.)
- Support the implementation of Production Excellence (MPS MAHLE Production System)
- Support the implementation of single piece traceability and industry 4.0 related topics such as auto-compensation
- Standardize existing production processes and implement a global bill of process (generation and global roll-out of standard work methods following a best practice approach)
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Engineering (or equivalent)
- 8 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering / Process Engineering (or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of machining processes (CNC, programming, cutting tools, fixtures etc.)
- Good knowledge of APQP disciplines, PFC, PFMEA, PCP as well as MSA and SPC with its related programs (e.g. Minitab, Q-Das, Scio Plato etc.)
- Experience to design, debug and validate new processes or production lines for new projects
- Good knowledge of AutoCad and/or SolidWorks is helpful
- Strong analysis, problem-solving, process and troubleshooting skills
- High initiative to do what needs to be done and find new improvement opportunities
- Able to communicate in written and verbal form within all levels of the organization
- High English skills required
- International travel up to 40%
- Strong intercultural know-how
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Our client, a very successful supplier to the automotive manufacturing industry, seeking a Manufacturing Engineer - Machining to join their Lockport, NY facility.
The successful candidate will be a part of a globally recognized company that offers technologically innovative solutions for automotive and industrial applications. The company attributes their success to having diverse, competent teams of innovative, out of the box thinkers who want to reach their full potential, and by giving back to their community through various social engagement activities.