Purchasing Analyst / BUYER - Tier I Automotive
60,000 – 70,000 • yearly
NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
- Issue releases to the supply base to procure raw materials necessary to produce the end items necessary to meet customer requirements.
- Attends daily production meetings and provides updates relative to the status of material acquisition. Also provides information concerning any potential issues with supplier production or logistics.
- Monitors inventory levels and makes necessary adjustments in the procurement process to insure that there is adherence to min/max levels and that all plant cost and inventory valuation targets are met.
- Maintain regular interaction with Customer Service, Scheduling, Manufacturing and Engineering departments to help facilitate any production changes which involve raw materials (launches, level bumps, etc.) to ensure timely transitions and minimize or eliminate obsolescence.
- Issue & track RFQs along with ECNs in the AS400 system for production products, working hand in hand with the Engineering Change Coordinator to resolve any issues.
- Issue, track & resolve discrepancies for MRO purchase orders.
- Uses QAD data and cycle count reports to help resolve material variances in inventory levels in order to prevent shortages and maintain consistent, accurate inventory levels.
- Participate in responses to customers and problem solving related to customer delivery issues
- Participate in CSA audit, LPA audit, IATF audit, as required
- Participate in Physical Inventory twice a year.
- Participate in supply chain meetings and identify any current/potential shortage that may cause a production interruption and subsequent delivery issue to our customer.
- Send out daily communication to all plant personnel notifying them of any potential shortages and subsequent deliveries.
- All other duties as assigned.
BASE TARGET: 60K to 70K + Bonus + Relocation Assistance + Excellent Benefits
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Minimum 2 years Material control / Planning experience required
- APICS certification a plus
- Understanding of lean manufacturing concepts
- MRP systems and EDI with customers and suppliers; QAD a plus
- MS Office tools fluency, especially Excel
- Self-directed, detail oriented, reliable, and strong initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with leaders, peers, and others as required
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, business management or related field preferred or equal experience.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 60000
Salary Max : 70000
Currency Type : US Dollars