This position will be responsible for model risk across the organization, including credit and operational risk. Primary responsibilities will include developing and maintaining the model inventory, performing risk assessments, ensuring validations get conducted in an appropriate timeframe, and sharing model limitations and review findings with management and committees.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Produce clear documentation and in-depth model documentation
- Develop in-house models for credit risk area
- Lead the effort to develop the models including but not limited to Stress Testing, and CECL models
- Assess suitability and implementation of vendor models (built by external consultants/vendors)
- Develop methodology and conceptual soundness of models (Stress Testing and CECL)
- Assess and test model performance and maintenance
- Review and verify ongoing model performance and maintenance.
- Gain in-depth understanding of the available data sources and help build an effective data governance framework.
- Bachelors Degree in risk/finance/business/math/stat
- 5-10 years of modeling, quantitative and qualitative analysis and banking experience
- Prior experience developing/validating of the following (preferred):
- CoStar Compass
- Moodys RiskCalc (or other Moodys models such as Impairment Studio, GCorr, ECCL)
- CECL Models
- Enterprise Stress Testing models
- Experience in designing tests, model outcomes analysis, scenario analysis, sensitivity analysis, and back-testing
- Knowledge of model risk management
- Strong technical writing, communication, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of banking systems and products and risk management methodologies
- Knowledge of statistical/financial models in areas of Credit/Market/Operational Risks
- Experience working with large databases
- Discipline, task focus, self-motivation and a proven record of delivering high quality results within strict deadlines
Company is a top retailer servicing the Hispanic market in Southern California, Nevada, and Arizona. They are in growth mode, expanding to include new credit products ie: consumer loans.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 80000
Salary Max : 110000
Currency Type : US Dollars