Credit Risk Manager, Personal Loans (Los Angeles or Remote)
The credit risk manager of personal loan risk management oversees all personal loan products including existing and upcoming financial products. This is a hands-on role where the credit risk manager will develop risk strategy, models, and the overall underwriting ecosystem to yield high acceptance rate in the subprime market while keeping the repayment rates on target.
This position requires expertise in traditional and open banking underwriting. The successful candidate should be able to develop risk models from raw data that include traditional and alternative credit bureau data and open banking data. Additionally, expertise in model development that is based only on banking data is required.Expertise in personal loans is highly preferred. This position is responsible for managing the full credit cycle of all personal loans vertical and across the lending cycle including acquisition, lending tree, underwriting and credit portfolio management.Qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in Risk, Credit, or Collections in Consumer Finance
- 5+ years of experience in underwriting based on Open banking data
- 4+ years of experience in performing performance analysis on large and diverse consumer credit, including experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau/ Power BI
- Proficient with SQL, R, Python, Power BI, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop strong, open, and collaborative working relationships by gaining trust to successfully manage and deliver against expectations
- Consistently exhibit natural curiosity and dynamism
- Ability to develop road maps and prioritize workload
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance and additional suport
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Masters/PhD degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or related quantitative fields
Client is a top retailer serving the Hispanic market in Southern California, Nevada, and Arizona.
They are expanding to include Personal Loans to the new-to-credit, near-prime consumers.
This is a newly created position to oversee all of the risk for this LOB.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 110000
Salary Max : 150000
Currency Type : US Dollars