We are looking for an experienced Payroll Manager to join our team. Individuals can expect their role to have responsibility for managing and executing bi-weekly payroll, ensuring all employees are paid in a timely, efficient and accurate manner and in compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
Responsibilities for Payroll Manager
- Manage and execute bi-weekly payroll across our partner companies and shared services function (currently utilizing iSolved, QuickBooks, Sure Payroll and ADP payroll processing services).
- Oversee the accurate input and maintenance of employee records in the payroll system and ensure that all necessary taxes and deductions are withheld appropriately from individual paychecks.
- Keep abreast of new federal, state or local laws or changes to existing laws that may affect payroll processing, employee deductions, PTO, or other related payroll components and communicate and/or implement changes in business practices accordingly to ensure full compliance.
- Ensure accurate calculation of payroll taxes and ensure full compliance with appropriate governmental tax reporting.
- Maintain and enhance payroll controls and procedures, striving to improve the efficiency of the payroll function to minimize manual administration, workflow bottlenecks and repetitive data entry.
- Prepare and maintain monthly payroll reports and queries and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity.
- Support internal and external audits and regulatory requests related to payroll including the preparation and filing of required reports (e.g., workers compensation, ACA reporting in conjunction with our benefits team, federal contractor reporting in conjunction with our recruiting team, etc.).
- Analyze, discuss and resolve payroll matters with employees, demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of payroll policies and procedures.
- Act as the primary liaison to payroll vendors.
- Ensure that the Corporate Accounting department receives all necessary payroll information.
- Help to guide and give direction to team member(s) in support roles to provide effective support services to internal customers.
- Provide support for the migration of existing payroll processing to one future state provider.
- Provide support for integrating additional payroll processing for future acquisitions.
Qualifications for Payroll Manager
- Bachelor's degree inAccounting, Finance or Human Resources or a related field (significant experience coupled with an accredited payroll certification may be considered in lieu of a Bachelors degree)
- 5+ years of relevant, hand- n payroll experience with a multi-state employer
- Advanced knowledge of contemporary, multi-state payroll practices and laws
- Advanced knowledge of a human capital management system/payroll processing environment, such as Ceridian Dayforce, ADP, UKG, Workday, etc.
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
This position is the lead payroll management role for our shared services team. With operations in seven states, our business is thriving, and new challenges arise daily. We are seeking a talented person who will grow with us and be rewarded with advancement and financial incentives.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 65000
Salary Max : 75000
Currency Type : US Dollars