Chief Banking Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Proactively seeks out new and innovative approaches to add value to the client relationship by providing services, whenever practical, in a highly relational and consultative manner tailored to the respective client.
- Directs all commercial lending activities while ensuring the maintenance of adequate internal controls. Reviews lending issues and ensures regulatory compliance. Maintains loan portfolio within bank policy and direction established by Executive Management.
- Serves as a member of the Senior Management team. Collaborates with Executive Management to develop short and long-range strategic plans, policies, standards, and controls. Participates in the implementation of plans, policies and monitoring of ongoing progress.
- A participating member of Loan, ALCO and Marketing Committees.
- Creates and recommends the divisions plan of organization, staffing, and established/monitoring of the achievement of the individual banker goals. While overseeing subordinate's activities, provides for their continued development through training and mentoring.
- Conducts periodic performance reviews, and provides direction, and promotes individual and unit proficiency.
- Makes suggestions for process improvements and workflow efficiency, taking action when appropriate. Evaluates and recommends department related costs and efficiencies.
- Analyzes and approves loan requests within lending authority. Reviews all formal credit presentations from subordinates and presents all significant credits through appropriate channels on requests exceeding lending authority.
- Responsible to safeguard all lending activities are in compliance with loan policy and appropriate regulations.
- Maintains dashboard detailing loan portfolio status, presenting to Executive Management as required. This may also include providing loan volume analysis and balance projections to support the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Banking Officer and Chief Financial Officer in development of the annual budget and strategic planning forecasts.
- Reviews all loan policy annually and recommends loan policy changes for annual approval.
- Represents the Bank through participation in industry and community activities. Actively and authentically promotes interest in the Bank wherever and whenever possible.
- Encourages and monitors the referral of appropriate client opportunities to the respective internal bank partner by subordinates.
- Performs related duties as may be necessary to achieve corporate objectives and ensure the successful operation of the Bank.
- Maintains awareness of the competitive lending and economic conditions.
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Qualifications:
Chief Banking Officer
Qualifications and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty suitably. The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant business field ideal, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of commercial lending experience required, across all verticals and asset classes of commercial lending, in a traditional bank environment.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive responsible leadership experience of a commercial lending platform in a traditional bank environment.
- A practical working knowledge with, but not limited to, the following products and services; U.S. Small Business Administrationlending programs, loan participations, interest rate hedging products, wealth and investment management, title insurance, andFederal Home Loan Banks (FHLB) products is essential.
- Excellent management, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, presentation and computer skills, including advanced spreadsheet expertise and at least intermediate word processing and presentation software skills.
- Must have the ability to organize and analyze complex financial information. This includes the capacity to read and interpret complicated financial documents.
- Capacity to speak effectively and negotiate with clients, vendors and employees of the Bank. Must also efficiently communicate policy and procedure revisions within the Bank in a timely manner.
- Possess a high level of written and oral communication skills, as well as a strong knowledge of key regulatory issues and control assessment processes.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyze complex information to identify the key issue/action and drive resolution.
- Required to be eligible for registration with NMLS.
- Must have strong business development focus and have a robust commitment to community and civic involvement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. This may also include driving a vehicle as required on Bank business.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.Why is This a Great Opportunity: Opportunity Description
Under the general direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Banking Officer (CBO) is accountable for directing all commercial lending, Bank ancillary product partner collaboration, and line of business operational activities. The CBO will expand, develop, implement and manage a bank wide commercial lending strategy concentrating on reaching organizational short-term and long-term objectives. Leading the commercial division by example, the CBO will individually develop and manage a portfolio of significant commercial relationships concurrently with department leadership responsibilities.
All duties will be executed in strict accordance with established or evolving policies, procedures and objectives of the Bank and in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 180000
Salary Max : 255000
Currency Type : US Dollars