Chief Risk Officer
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops, implements, maintains, and administers the Bank's internal control framework in compliance with SOX andFDICIA; reviews internal controls, develops controls documentation, review, andtesting requirements; works withexecutivemanagement todevelop andimplement effective andefficient internalcontrols andriskmitigation; andprovides reports tomanagement and/or Board of Directors on status of SOX/FDICIAcompliance.
- Manages andleads ateamofriskmanagement professionals withresponsibilityforproviding oversight and leadership inthe changing regulatory environment and overseeing all bank compliance risk management activities inaccordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Shares knowledge of risk management frameworks,strategic objectives, processes, policy development, risk-based capital assessment, bank operations, reporting,productsandservices, and regulation to ensure effective risk management complying with applicable laws and regulations.
- AlignsRiskManagement policieswithinternalandexternalstakeholderrequirements.
- Advisesexecutivemanagementwithregardtoriskmanagementstrategiesacrossallrisk types.
- Provides support andtraining tobuildawareness withintheBank, achieve growth targets and protect the Bank from future exposure.
- Supports thedevelopment ofaholisticrisk management framework bycollaborating withother departments and lines of business to review and evaluate risks and controls.
- Coordinates withbank management todetermine riskappetites andtolerance levelsand communicates those to all lines of business.
- Serves askey liaison withBank AuditFirmsandState/Federal Regulatory Authorities, acting as ambassador promoting a positive image of the Bank in all matters regarding risk and control.
- Directsroutine monitoringofregulatory requirements aswellasperiodic reviews andassessments ofstateandfederal regulatory compliance requirements to include analysis ofbusiness impact for enacted laws/regulationsand recommendedbank compliance actions to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Provides compliance and risk management subject matter expertise for project/process/product (including service anddelivery channel) initiatives toensureproactive identificationofrisks andthe design of strategic and tactical regulatory solutions.
- Facilitates formalandinformalriskmanagement meetingstoaddress risksandcontroldeficiencies identifiedthrough internal riskassessment andindependent assessment, audit, andexaminations; ensuring the Bank meets deadlines for resolving deficiencies.
- Serves asamember ofandsupportsriskmanagement roles,including operating risk framework and/or committees (e.g. BSA Committee, Audit Committee, Risk Management Committee, IT Steering Committee and Compliance Committee).
- Evaluates results ofaudits,examinations, investigations,prepares reports offindings, andsuggests appropriate risk limitations to management.Keeps management apprised ofthe status of risk mitigation efforts regularly through reports to senior management, Board and/or Boardcommittees as requested, and serves on the appropriate committees, as necessary.
- Participates in strategic planning and works with the Bank's Board Audit Committee and theBank SeniorManagement Team toinform allnecessary parties ofrisksfacedbytheBankand formulates actions plans as needed.
Chief Risk Officer
- Priorexperience asaRisk Management OfficerforaCommercial Bank, and/or fiveormoreyears of seniorlevelexperience specifically relatedto, or compatiblewith,theresponsibilitiesassigned to the position to include Risk, BSA, Compliance, or Audit in the banking industry.
- Bachelor'sDegreeinAccounting,Finance,Business statisticsorrelated field.
- Professional Certification(CPA orCFA)preferred.Pursuescontinuing education requirements as established for the position.
- Strongformalcommunication andpresentation skillsinfrontofavariety ofaudiences (front-line staff, bank management, board of directors, regulators, and auditors).
- SOX/COSO& FDICIAcontrolframework expertise.
- Experience overseeingstateandfederalbankexaminationsaswellasinternalandexternal audits.
- Physicalsecurity experience; includingincidentresponsemanagement, anddisasterrecovery. Information security experience and cyber event riskmanagement is highly preferred.
- Experienceoverseeing vendormanagement complianceprograms,includingtheselectionand ongoing monitoring of critical vendor relationships.
- Approachable; stronginterpersonal skills; ability tobuildconsensus acrossadiversesetof individuals.
- Initiative;stronginitiative anddecisionmaking abilities, withtheability toadvancethestrategic planning, direction, and goal setting forthe bank incollaboration with senior management.
- Organization; effective organizationalandplanningskillsandthe ability toguideprojectsthrough to completion
- Strategic Thinker withtheability totranslate strategies intoriskmanagement tacticalobjectives and projects
- Strongquantitative background;exceptionalattentiontodetail.
- Successful Leader; self-starter whoworkswellinarapidly changing environment withmultiple competing priorities; Develops teams through coaching andmentoring - creates growth opportunities for team members.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
This is not a Remote/Work From Home opportunity.
Chief Risk Officer
Provides leadership andstrategic oversight tothe bank's risk management teams responsible for theAudit Program, regulatory compliance program, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) compliance, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) andAMLcompliance, physical security,andfraudmitigation. Develops andimplements strategic andtactical riskmanagementsolutions to protect andminimize risktothe Bank astheinstitution scales.Responsible for driving astrongculture ofcompliance through partnership withline ofbusiness leaders andkeystakeholders, continuously demonstrating integrity and professional judgment inprotecting theinterests ofthe client bank and its customers.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 115000
Salary Max : 165000
Currency Type : US Dollars