This job is archived
(Archived) Application Support Team Lead
About The Role:
The Application Support Team Leader is responsible for smooth operations of all front-office and post-trade applications including trade capture, market data, settlement and clearing systems and their associated client applications, including overnight risk calculation systems and the business systems used by control and support departments. The role involves leading the Application Support team and is ultimately responsible for maintaining and optimizing standards across all applications supported within the team, while maintaining compliance with the technology governance framework.
What Youll Do:
- Manage the US based team for first, second, and third line support of all trading and back-office platforms covering all asset classes.
- Identify areas of improvement and works closely with the Application Support Manager.
- Oversee the technical onboarding aspects for new clients.
- Responsible for incident management and participate in change control.
- Act as liaison between IT department and Compliance/Legal group to ensure all trading and back office technology and market data requirements are met.
- Ensure an automated mindset in removing manual tasks.
- Working closely with electronic sales teams in a technical pre-sales capacity.
- Ensure all systems and procedures are fully documented, including environment schematics.
- Support, manage and maintain a FIX order flow offering for strategy based institutional based clients.
- Carry out annual appraisals with the Application Support Manager for members within the team.
- Ensure that all systems are included in annual BCP testing with accompanying documentation produced and maintained.
- Conduct analysis for new systems and technologies and produce New Systems Proposals.
- Assist with growth and development of the Application Support team, including performance management, training, and mentoring/coaching, along with involvement in recruiting efforts for open positions on the team.
What Were Looking For:
- Bachelors degree in relevant field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of derivative markets and electronic trading technologies used to access the relevant markets.
- Excellent knowledge (5 yrs+) of market connectivity protocols for key global derivative, commodity, cash and equity markets.
- Knowledge and expertise in high Frequency trading platforms.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teams.
- Experience in technical client on-boarding of new APIs & systems.
- Proven ability to show a pro-activeness in picking up issues and improving existing processes.
- Oversee projects and ensure that delivery is executed efficiently and accurately Process-driven and systematic.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to manage a team in an environment with changing expectations from the business and regulatory perspective.
- Ability to work under demanding conditions with a calm demeanor.
- Ability to work shifts patterns (if required).
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Client is a Global Broker Dealer with International exposure. Lots of growth opportunity and hands on experience.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 125000
Salary Max : 150000
Currency Type : US Dollars