Premier hedge fund in suburban Philadelphia is seeking a .NET Developer to join their Fixed Income Development team.
Work remotely 2 days/week.
You will work on the trading desk and will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining a suite of front and back end applications used by traders, operations, accounting and compliance teams for managing bonds, swaps and other fixed income financial products in the prop and brokerage space. This is a great opportunity to work closely with and gain in-depth knowledge of the firm's fixed income trading business.
- Design, develop and support service-oriented applications including Winform applications, web applications and web services used primarily by trading and operations desks.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle including requirements gathering from users (traders, operations, accounting).
- Identify ways to provide better support to users and automate tasks to improve business workflows
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
- At least 2 years of progressive experience developing software applications. Recent hands-on experience with object-oriented programming is required, preferably C#.
- Knowledge of Winforms and [Register to View] is a plus.
- Strong relational database knowledge is required, preferably with Oracle and/or SQL server.
- Strong verbal communication skills with an ability to deal with technical and business staff while working on a trading desk is required.
- Eagerness to learn about the business as well as technology.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment is required.
- Willingness and ability to work in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
Join a well-established and large hedge fund offering excellent career growth in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. Benefits include medical, dental, free food and snacks, on-site health club.