Manager, IT Business Analyst
As the Business Analyst Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of 8 Business Analysts, analyzing business problems, identifying gaps, and developing technical solutions for both our internal and external stakeholders.
This role involves leading the team in managing requirements and design scope, determining appropriate methods for potential assignments, and serving as a bridge between the technology teams and the stakeholders through all project phases.
Providing day-to-day direction to direct reports and ensuring that requirements and design are complete and delivered on schedule.
The Business Analyst Manager will report to the CTO.
- Communicate at a detailed level about all products and services available within the financial holding company.
- Interpret stakeholder requirements for possible inclusion in future product releases. Deliverables include needs analysis, requirements, architecture diagrams, technical presentations, and RFP responses.
- Communicate effectively to gain alignment and commitment is required.
- Escalate issues and risks to the CTO and assist in developing solutions.
- Act as the requirements subject matter expert and support requirements change management.
- Identify areas for process improvement to improve quality and optimize cost.
- Maintains advanced expertise and knowledge of Business Analysis best practices.
- Possess an unwavering commitment to customer service and operational excellence.
- Minimum of 10 years of related technical experience; at least 5 years in the Financial Services Industry
- Ability to lead team the team in applying in-depth Financial Industry domain knowledge to review and analyze business problems.
- Ability to extract hidden or unrealized business requirements and gain consensus with the stakeholders.
- Ability to understand the overall system architecture and cross-functional integration.
- Ability to design and present highly technical concepts and specific solutions to internal and external audiences of varying technical capabilities in a clear, concise, and easily understood manner.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to independently develop relationships and communicate with high level internal and external technical staff.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and ability to methodically understand and resolve complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to focus ambiguous stakeholder needs into specific, deliverable requirements.
- Ability to influence several cross-functional departments to gain alignment and to drive design solutions.
- Ability to assess current operations, identify design flaws, and build consensus on both a proposed solution and plan of action quickly and accurately.
- Estimate work effort for complex technical solution design and delivery
- Must have a working knowledge of the following: Financial Services, Web Services, Process Management, Cloud/Managed Hosting Technology, IT Strategies, and Security threat practices and typologies.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Hiring company is a publicly-traded financial holding company, headquartered in Atlanta. They are small, with fewer than 200 employees. There is virtually no bureaucracy, and certainly none of the stultifying kind. Their average tenure is 14 years. They are a consumer lending entity, with credit cards, auto loans, point-of-sale loans, healthcare loans, etc, targeted to people with all types of credit ratings. They are highly profitable.
This newly created role reports directly to the CTO, who has been with the company for 16 years. Prior to that, she spent 15 years with IBM. She knows her stuff.
This person must be in the Atlanta area or willing to relocate there. Financial assistance for the relocation is available. The expectation is for all members of the IT team to be in the office 2 days a week, typically Monday and Tuesday.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 165000
Salary Max : 200000
Currency Type : US Dollars