This job is archived
(Archived) Assistant Controller
Client is part of an A-rated global insurance carrier with a 100-year history. Location is mid-sized, so you can expect to be visible and make an impact in your role.
- Manages staff in Investment Accounting.
- Manage investment reporting in General Ledger and Clearwater, including reviewing journal entries and investment reconciliations on a STAT and GAAP basis.
- Assists financial statement preparation on a Stat basis for insurance companies
- Assists quarterly financial statement preparation on a GAAP and IFRS basis
- Assists in analyzing individual company and consolidated results prior to CFO review.
- Reviews and documents the control environment with the Controller
- Has contact with external auditors, actuaries, insurance examiners
- Assists with centralizing the accounting function in the U.S. by building out processes and related accounting policies for future acquisitions.
- Minimum of 8 years related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
- CPA is strongly preferred
- 3 years of public accounting experience required preferably at manager level in the firms insurance industry practice or background in a Property / Casualty insurers investment accounting area.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Great opportunity for maximum exposure to highest level of executives
Hybrid remote opportunity
Highly entrepreneurial work environment
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 150000
Salary Max : 175000
Currency Type : US Dollars