Job description:Job Title: IT Engineer Location: Alloa (with a move to Stirling planned in Q3 2023) Job Type: Permanent
Our client is an award-winning medical device company that is revolutionizing the way microwave energy is used in healthcare. Their mission is to improve traditional treatments by leveraging the unique advantages of microwaves, leading to accurate, repeatable procedures and better clinical outcomes. Our Clients technology is transforming the treatment of HPV infections globally and is widely used in Dermatology and Oncology, with ongoing disruptive applications in Cardiology and Gynaecology. With a highly experienced management team and recent significant investment, our client is poised for growth and expansion.
Our client is seeking an IT Engineer to maintain and enhance their systems, network, and processes. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with experience in a challenging environment, who is dedicated to continuously improving the company's IT infrastructure.
Administer the new ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics 365), ensuring system integrity, configuring updates, user-defined changes, and providing relevant training to users. Take project lead status for system validation when required.
Act as the primary IT system administrator for a small/medium-sized international company with remote facilities, managing and optimizing IT infrastructure to maximize uptime and ensure business continuity.
Collaborate with the finance team to manage the IT hardware and software budget.
Maintain internal infrastructure requirements, including hardware and software systems and domains, optimizing new and existing software subscriptions.
Oversee the day-to-day operation of the IT helpdesk and contribute to long-term projects focused on improving the company's IT systems and infrastructure.
Demonstrate the ability to work independently to solve technical problems, requiring excellent communication and time management skills.
Occasionally, work at locations other than the primary site as the company expands its global presence.
Manage Microsoft software (Desktop, Office365, and Servers) and network infrastructure, including virtual hosts/servers, ensuring certification and proficiency.
Perform IT onboarding/offboarding for new colleagues and handle associated equipment.
Prepare and execute validation test scripts for IT software, following validation protocols (IQ, OQ, PQ) and coordinating with the validation team.
Coordinate and participate in the testing of IT software, including updates to relevant SOPs and work instructions, ensuring compliance with validation protocols.
Previous experience managing Microsoft Dynamics 365 as a system administrator.
IT certification, preferably with a software graduate degree or equivalent experience.
Minimum of three years experience in a comparable IT role.
Experience with Tenant management for Microsoft 365 for the enterprise.
Proficiency in Windows-based desktop operating systems (Windows 10/11) and troubleshooting common issues.
Understanding of network infrastructure and technology, particularly ubiquity hardware.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills across various ICT disciplines.
Ability to prioritize work received via telephone, email, and helpdesk based on business importance.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with external support contractors to ensure service levels are met.
Strong organization and time management skills.
VPN/Firewall management skills, with cybersecurity (endpoint) experience being a plus.
Knowledge of secure backup and NAS systems is advantageous.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 (365FO certified)
Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator (certified)
Azure environment (AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator certified)
Cyber essentials (NCSC certified or equivalent experience)
VOIP system (SIP, VoIP experience)
MS 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator
MS 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator
MS 365 Certified: Security Administrator
MS 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate
Pension: 3% employer's contribution.
Annual leave allowance: 33 days (including bank holidays).
Bright, modern work environment with a focus on employee wellness. A planned move to a custom-designed facility in Stirling during 2023, featuring excellent commuting links and an employee gym and wellness suite.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 (365FO certified)
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator (certified)
- Azure environment (AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator certified)
- Cyber essentials (NCSC certified or equivalent experience)
- VOIP system (SIP, VoIP experience)
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
- Cutting-edge industry: The company is an award-winning medical device company that is revolutionizing the way microwave energy is used in healthcare. By joining this company, you would be part of a team that is driving innovation in the medical field and making a meaningful impact on patient care.
- Mission-driven organization: The company's mission is to improve traditional treatments and clinical outcomes by leveraging the unique advantages of microwaves. If you are motivated by working towards a larger purpose and contributing to advancements in healthcare, this opportunity aligns with your values.
- Growth potential: With a highly experienced management team and recent significant investment, the company is poised for growth and expansion. By joining at this stage, you have the opportunity to grow with the company and advance your career as it expands its global presence.