Duties will include:
Reporting to the Plant Manager (off site), will be the number one person on site for this 3 shift, 24/7 operation. Will drive productivity, safety, quality and cost improvements in the plant.
- Manage supervisors and hourly workforce to consistently and reliably meet the operating plan. Responsible for performance management, hiring, training and succession planning
- Assist in development of site budget.
- Review production plans to ensure adequate resources are in place to meet plan objectives.
- Drive safety and environmental compliance.
- Ensure compliance with Quality and GMP guidelines.
- Work together with Supply Chain, Engineering and Maintenance to drive continuous improvement, reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Work with Process Technology to coordinate product scale ups and technology transfer.
Qualified candidates will have:
- BS Degree in Engineering, Chemical or Mechanical
- Minimum of 8 years industry experience including 3-5 years in an Operations Management role.
- Experience in the chemical, pharmaceutical or food ingredient industry a plus.
- Track record of driving Continuous Improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Experienced HAZOP Leader.
- Knowledge of GMP, OSHA and EPA regulations a plus.
- Should be viewed as promotable to a plant management role.
A leading international producer of specialty ingredients for the health and nutrition industry is seeking a Plant Production Manager for their plant on the South Side of Chicago. This person will be the #1 person on site as the Plant Manager is based at another location. The Production Manager will be groomed for a Plant Manager role.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 115000
Salary Max : 140000
Currency Type : US Dollars