Our client is a rapidly growing distributor of photonics equipment, specializing in life-sciences and microscopy applications including confocal, fluorescence, optical filters, lasers and adaptive optics. We provide our products and solutions to research, academic and government laboratories. You will work in collaboration with the Field Sales Team to develop and deliver sales strategies, provide technical support and close orders. You will be required to travel to customers sites to discuss their needs, provide demonstrations and find new opportunities. Interactions with customers should adhere to a high standard of professionalism and honest communication. Extensive product, technical and sales training will be provided at the induction phase and will be followed up by continuous development. This position can be based out of Rochester, NY or remote-based in the US, depending on experience and location.
- Learn and maintain a high degree of product knowledge on a newly introduced portfolio of products.
- Develop and maintain close relations with key suppliers and their staff.
- Assist in the production of marketing materials, to support selling activities.
- Work with the Field Sales Team to develop and deliver an effective sales strategy.
- Work with the Field Sales Team to identify, assess and prioritize opportunities with a strategic, research-based approach to finding customers as well as developing new relationships within our existing customer base.
- Provide technical support both pre- and post-sale.
- Performing regular follow-up calls or emails, facilitating communication with existing customers to ensure their satisfaction and identify new potential needs.
- Engaging with customers by phone, email, video and in-person meetings.
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information on the CRM system.
- Bring relevant matters to the swift attention of your line manager.
- Prepare forecasts and updates on competition, suppliers, customers, lead indicators and opportunities.
- Provide input to the development of future sales strategies, annual budgets, and targets.
- Understanding and negotiating commercial contracts, T&Cs and NDAs.
- Establish and maintain a personal network with key persons from the customer.
- Assist in projects for the marketing team.
- All other reasonable management requests.
- Scientific degree (Physics, Engineering, Biology, Chemistry) or multiple years industry knowledge
- Proven sales and/or applications specialist experience and success in a customer service environment involving longer term customer relationships ideally within key markets.
- Experience of using CRM software tools
- Understanding of sales process and ability to apply it to effectively close business
- Identify all key stakeholders and decision makers critical to converting opportunities to orders
- Understand the principles and current market for fluorescence microscopy
- Knowledge of customer and account management
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and timekeeping skills
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office package
Rapidly growing distributor of optics, lasers, accessories for the microscope/life science market. Excellent benefits and uncapped commission. Great opportunity to join a growing team!