This job is archived
(Archived) Staff Accountant
Job description:KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze and summarize financial information in a timely manner to meet all monthly and annual reporting deadlines.
- Verify, post and reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts in support of monthly closing deadlines.
- Provide analysis, management reporting and support to divisional management in relation to weekly and monthly results.
- Assist in the design and implementation of internal controls, including recommending changes where improvements could be made.
- Liaise with and prepare documentation for external auditors and other governmental authorities.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget and forecast process.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ad hoc reports/requests and other duties as
- Supervise both on site and remote staff.
Qualifications:SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year accounting or finance degree required, CPA or CMA preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an accounting role
- Exceptional accounting software knowledge and skills with MS Office (specifically Word and Excel), Microsoft Dynamics AX and COGNOS (or similar consolidation software, a plus)
- The ability to analyze and interpret financial and operational data
- Experience in an ERP environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent work ethic
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
The Staff Accountant will oversee general accounting operations and play a key role in the all accounting processes including reconciling account balances, preparation and posting of journal entries, the monthly close process, daily, and weekly reporting and other functions within the department. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and goal oriented individual who is able to work with minimal supervision, has experience with month end closing, internal controls and working with auditors. The incumbent must possess interpersonal skills and work well as both a team member as well as an individual to accomplish tasks and goals with multiple deadlines and timeframes.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 50000
Salary Max : 60000
Currency Type : US Dollars