Environmental Engineer - Waste Water
90,000 – 120,000 • yearly
NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
The Role: You will report to the Environmental Health and Safety Manager and will be responsible for providing technical expertise in meeting the company and site environmental compliance goals, particularly in compliance reporting objectives relating to the operation of the WWTP and all areas associated within.
How You Can Create Value:
Wastewater Operations and Regulatory Support:
- Support the EHS Manager in fostering Corporate and site efforts to maintain and enhance environmental compliance and integrate those efforts in promoting business opportunities.
- Support Maintenance and Engineering in troubleshooting of problems that directly affect the EHS Program and WWTP
- Assist in assuring that the necessary WWTP operating permits, governmental surveys and appropriate documentation be completed in an accurate manner and be filed on a timely basis.
- Provide WWTP regulatory and technical support to maintain accurate records and documentation to assist in inspections and training activities as required.
- Plan, coordinate and execute WWTP outages and routine tank cleaning/maintenance work evolutions to ensure safe, compliant and productive execution.
- Review and monitor WWTP process control parameters and provide operating instructions and adjustments to operators to ensure robust and compliant treatment operations.
- Ensure wastewater budgets are managed and costs are controlled to meet corporate guidelines.
- Continuously identify areas for potential improvement, or alternative solutions to business challenges within the department and the site. Seek to improve the use of resources, methods and tools used to conduct work activities to make them more streamlined and effective.
- Reduce the injury rates on the site, striving for zero injuries.
- Reduce the number and severity of spills on the site, striving for zero spills.
- Participate in WWTP laboratory activities to support ongoing compliance.
Environmental Program Management:
- Participate in regulatory audits as they relate to wastewater and waste compliance issues.
- Participate in incident investigations related to WWTP incidents (spills, injuries, near misses, permit exceedances).
- Support plant engineering in completing WWTP capital projects on time, on budget and with no non-compliances.
- Work with WWTP and Site Maintenance to execute the WWTP PM program, provide technical support of program objectives.
New Product Introduction and development:
- Support production when new products are introduced to the plant using available technology to determine ultimate treatability of waste.
- Ensure all production related effluent complies with regulatory thresholds.
What Were Looking For:
Education and Experience
- BS Degree, Engineering or Science
- Four to six years of experience in wastewater treatment and environmental compliance.
- Strong analytical, strategic, organizational, reporting, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of hazardous waste regulations and management
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
What We Value:
We strive for all employees to nurture physical, mental and emotional health both personally and professionally. Our commitment to health and wellness centers around prevention, early detection and embracing a healthy lifestyle. Some offerings may vary by role or region, but may include:
- Physical Health benefitsincluding competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision packages, company contribution to Health Savings Account, cash incentive for Annual Physical and reimbursement
- Financial Wellness opportunitiesincluding company paid life insurance and disability plans, 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match, and certified Financial Planning & Investment services
- Mental Health benefitsincluding generous Paid Time Off and 10 Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Bonding Leave, and much more!
- Comprehensive dental, vision, health insurance plans
- Life and disability insurance options
- Paid time off and family leave
- Retirement savings plans
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 90000
Salary Max : 120000
Currency Type : US Dollars