This job is archived
(Archived) Lead Maintenance Reliability Engineer
The Lead Reliability Engineer provides mentoring and technical guidance to maintenance engineers along with working closely with Maintenance leadership and first line supervisors, operating area personnel, project engineers and personnel throughout the plant to ensure the safe, profitable, and reliable operation of the plant.
- Oversee equipment lubrication, vibration analysis, and other mechanical reliability programs.
- Develop and implement Reliability Control Plans for numerous equipment classes to drive long-term improvements in reliability and operational performance.
- Advise on proper execution and documentation of repair and preventive maintenance (PM) activities. Where necessary support job plan and shop paper development in support these activities.
- Perform SME duties for rotating equipment to support maintenance engineers and mechanical crafts.
- Identify and interface with preferred equipment manufacturers, specialists, and technical support consultants.
- Support the capital improvement process for new equipment installations and upgrades by ensuring design-for-reliability and design-for-maintainability concerns are incorporated.
- Provide analysis of failed equipment to determine and eliminate cause(s).
- Assist contract vibration technicians and maintenance engineers with rotating equipment vibration analysis, condition monitoring data interpretation and recommended actions.
- Provide assistance to Maintenance and Operations with equipment performance troubleshooting as required.
- Develop, maintain and update maintenance and reliability documentation (e.g. repair reports, bill of materials, upgrade recommendations) for critical plant equipment.
- BS in mechanical engineering or related field
- 10+ years chemical/petrochemical plant maintenance and/or reliability engineering experience
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment design, selection, repair techniques and performance assessment
- Experience with Root Cause Failure Analysis and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Well-rounded field experience applying reliability engineering principals to mechanical repair work for a variety of process plant equipment
- Familiarity interpreting and applying industry design, repair and installation standards and best practices to mechanical equipment
- Certification(s) related to vibration analysis and other predictive technologies
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented individual with proven success working independently and in a multi-functional team environment
- Excellent organizational, planning and verbal/written communication skills
- Able to use influence to accomplish goals and objectives
- Hands-on experience using SAP work management system and Meridium/APM
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
- Experience with maintenance work execution/supervision in a unionized environment
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite of software products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Our client plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch peoples lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Their reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of their three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. Our client strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
They are looking to hire a Lead Maintenance Reliability engineer with 10+ years of experience in chemical process manufacturing facilities and rotating equipment systems in the Richmond, VA area. Relocation is on the table for the right candidate.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 110000
Salary Max : 132000
Currency Type : US Dollars