JOB TITLE:Senior Manager, Technical
ORG UNIT NAME:Manufacturing
Company Profile: From making cars and planes more fuel-efficient, to helping
conserve the worlds water supply and enabling colorful smartphone
cases, we find solutions to the challenges of today to help our
customers achieve their ambitions and build a better tomorrow.
We combine a rich track record of doing what others said
couldnt be done, with a deep understanding of our customers. But our
true impact is as a partner who can help our customers achieve their
ambitions by finding solutions to their challenges. We call this
Chemistry that Matters
The Site Technical Leader leads this manufacturing site (chemicals and compounds) Asset Engineering,
Process Engineering, Process Control Organization, Capital Management &
Project Execution Organization, Quality & Lab Organization, and
Contractor Programs. This position is a primary contact for various
business functions in developing the sites multi-year plan in alignment
with the overall Business Strategy.
It is also responsible for strategic vision and leadership of significant projects and programs
that deliver proactive solutions to improve Environmental
Health/Safety/Security (EHS&S), Stability, Quality, Service, and Cost
performance. This position will require working closely with the Plant
Manager, Unit Managers, Engineers, EHS/PSM Leaders, global peers, and
others across the business. The Site Technical leader is also a key
stakeholder in setting the strategic direction for the Sites R&D
efforts and will interface extensively with the Global Technology
Organization and the Global Process Engineering Center of Excellence
(COE). As a member of the Plant Leadership Staff, this position is
responsible for providing technical guidance to the Plant Manager and
other Business Leaders and responding as necessary to meet critical
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Provide strategic direction and leadership for the Site Process &
Asset Engineering Teams, Process Control Team, Project &
Construction Management Teams
- Lead recruiting efforts and deliver effective leadership and
coaching to develop the sites technical talent
- Provide leadership in OE/OMS efforts. Own Technology Application
Management (TAM) and Small Project (SP) rollout for the site.
- Work with site leaders to develop the Unit Technology Plans and Site
Infrastructure Technology Plans and manage teams to execute to these
- Own the Site Manufacturing Technical Career Path (MTCP) and organize
site Principal Engineers in maintaining and advancing MTCP efforts
- Assist Site and Global Training Leaders in identifying, acquiring
and/or developing and delivering important technical training
- Ensures Best Practices are shared across the company
- Provides input into the development of the Business Technology Plan
- Interfaces with the Process COE on gap analysis to identify future
- Serves as the Gatekeeper in assessing value of opportunities from
other work processes
- Ensure solid technical support for EHS&S goals
- Set an example by leading important community and volunteer efforts
and encouraging team involvement
Operational Effectiveness Responsibilities:
- Facilitates organizational effectiveness by modeling, reinforcing
and coaching the elements of the Commitment Model and Critical
- Provides appropriate coaching and mentoring to ensure the work
processes are delivering meaningful business results. Swim lane
owners should be first point of contact for relevant information.
- Demonstrates Commitment Model leadership by empowering the
appropriate people to make effective decisions within their areas of
- Ensures the transformation to a work process centric organization is
achieved and sustained.
- Leaders consistently articulate, demonstrate and reinforce the
following behaviors; operating from a mutual purpose, acting
with good intent, creating success for others, open advocacy,
active listening, authentic inquiry, listening to understand,
reflecting on meaning, and alignment that advances the game.
- Leaders assist employees in removing real or perceived barriers
to implementation and/or use of the work processes.
- Based upon an understanding of the work processes and designed
roles, leaders assign roles to personnel with the required
competencies, provide training for required knowledge and
skills, clarify responsibilities, allocate resources, measure
performance and provide feedback.
- Leaders consistently require and ensure that work is performed
using all elements of the work processes as designed and
consistently coach to close behavior-related performance gaps
- Leaders make information available, charter & use
cross-functional teams, and engage in conversation with people
about their use of shared learning to create an environment in
which employees value and implement shared learnings.
- Leaders create an environment in which commitment to identify
and resolve the true root causes of performance gaps
authentically pervades the organization.
- Leaders create an environment in which commitment to a "resolve
it myself first" mind-set authentically pervades the
- Leaders authentically embrace and use conversation in a
challenge process to eliminate low-value work and to manage
rather than avoid risk.
- Demonstrates Commitment Model leadership by empowering the
appropriate people to make effective decisions within their
areas of responsibility.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BS/MS degree in chemical engineering (other disciplines considered
but in depth understanding of unit operations, process equipment and
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a chemical industry
- Understanding of business drivers and economics to make decisions on
- Effective communications, interpersonal, organizational, and matrix
skills at all levels (operations, maintenance, engineering,
management, cost and quality leaders)
- Leadership experience with demonstrated ability to inspire, guide,
and encourage others
- Demonstrated results oriented focus and track record for delivering
- Familiar with Capital Planning Process demonstrated project
- Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Ability to inspire and guide others toward identifying and achieving
vision and goals; provides purpose and direction.
- Ability to give encouragement, guidance and direction to others to
- In depth understanding of unit operations, process equipment and
- Ability to modify interpersonal style, to use listening and feedback
skills to build understanding, and effectively manage conflict.
- Ability to listen generously and practice open advocacy; ability to
provide people the information to perform their assigned roles by
- Ability to provide employees the written information necessary to do
their job correctly; ability to make relevant information known in a
responsive and effective way
This is a global chemical company that is growing significantly in the Americas region. You will have opportunity for progression and will be recognized for your achievements. Full set of benefits to include an 8% COMPANY CONTRIBUTION toward retirement and a 401k match of $.50 on the $1.00 up to 8% of your contribution. Full relocation package offered.