Sr. Compensation Specialist
NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Company is looking for aSeniorCompensation Specialistto join our team located in The Woodlands, Texas. In this role, you will conduct research and analysis in different areas involving compensation, such as compensation statistics and market analysis. Duties include conducting position evaluations and job classifications, preparing job descriptions, assessing the budgetary impact of compensation decisions, and providing oversight of compliance with regulations and labor laws. The compensation specialist collaborates with others to determine staffing needs, design, and adjust salary structures and compensation packages and develop policies and procedures.
This position is also responsible for implementing and managing the grade evaluation system globally, establishing its main guidelines to be used as a reference for other countries (career streams, families, sub-families, job titles). It also leads the compensation cycle locally for performance/ bonus and merit, providing compensation logic for the cycle tool configuration, calculating costs, and ensuring the correct workflow for its approval.
- Oversee communication of compensation philosophy, plans, globally and incentives programs locally.
- Ensure job descriptions for each position are updated, working closely with Business Partners and Leaders.
- Lead the grading system globally, establishing its main guidelines to be used as a reference for other countries. (career streams, families, sub-families, job titles)
- Lead compensation cycle locally for performance/ bonus and merit, providing compensation logic for the cycle tool configuration, calculating costs, and ensuring the correct workflow for its approval.
- Influence a consistent compensation philosophy in line with our organizational culture and objectives.
- Ensure base pay, incentive pay, and performance management programs remain competitive and conform to compensation strategy.
- Participate in and analyze relative market compensation surveys for all positions.
- Participate in the definition of a fair, equitable, and competitive total compensation package that fits and is aligned with our companys strategy and business goals.
- Perform continuous research about emerging trends, issues, and best practices.
- Provide local market intelligence on compensation and salary posture.
- Assist Business Partners with banding, compensation remixes, and retention programs.
- Conduct data and cost analyses to be used in employee negotiations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Administer the local incentive pay program for short- and long-term plans, calculating bonuses based on the current incentive structure for the U.S. and some other countries.
- Recommend merit increases based on salary surveys and other benchmarking to calculate costs to submit to Headquarters.
- Support org restructuring based on new roles and its scope analysis, responsibilities evaluation, and results impact to prepare proposals fitting the business needs.
- Prepare and maintain job classifications and salary scales for the U.S.
- Assess jobs and respective duties to determine the appropriate salary range.
- Permanent monitoring of legislative changes in remuneration practices, taxes withheld, and deduction to the funds.
- Ensure internal equity, external competitiveness, and compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and organizational policies.
- Present proposals and recommendations for leaders and HR Business Partners.
- Coordinate and execute actions related to communications and the education of HR Business Partners and leaders.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required, Masters degree a plus and 7 to 10 years of experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate compensation programs & policies.
- Knowledge of salary planning tools, job evaluation techniques, and market salary trends.
- Experience handling complex issues and sensitive/ confidential information.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and intermediate-level skills in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Self-Motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, a strong sense of urgency, critical thinking skills, and thrive in ambiguity.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders.
- Global Mindset.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) is a plus.
- Other HR certifications (SHRM, PHR) is a plus.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Global Chemicals Company, Great Area, Strong Compensation and Continued Career Growth