- Develop programs, procedures and practices to encourage employees to work safely in an environmentally responsible manner to achieve quality results at acceptable cost levels. Accountable for personal safety performance and responsible for providing EHS leadership for the plant. Work with EHS Supervision and others to ensure safe operation of the process and compliance with established procedures.
- Process Engineer responsibilities are to determine the optimum process and equipment conditions to meet resin production requirements and coordinate with operations personnel.
- Working with the Maintenance & Utilities Manager and maintenance group, define and coordinate maintenance requirements for equipment, within schedule and cost constraints. Determine Safety Critical Equipment Priorities, Preventative Maintenance needs and identify ISO Quality Critical equipment.
- Under established guidelines for recipe adjustments control process recipes and document changes thru MOC and other means. Troubleshoot changes to determine root cause. Determine and establish process conditions that optimize productivity, cost and quality constraints in an environmentally sound and safe manner. Track the conditions daily, communicate changes appropriately. Responsible and accountable for SAP process related information for the process. Information includes run rates, recipes, line events, inventory and campaign management.
- Troubleshoot quality and production problems, to support customer activities related to products produced on the process equipment.
- Collect, analyze, and report process performance data to enhance troubleshooting, quality improvements and cost controls.
- Working with the Training Coordinator, maintain and approve operating procedures. Ensure that what is written is followed in the process and assist in efforts to maintain fully certified operating staff.
- Implements changes in process equipment or procedures as needed and uses the MOC process effectively to communicate changes to the process.
- Determine capital improvement needs for the process and initiate processes for budgeting and approval of same. Write CAR's for process as needed or provide input to person generating the CAR, provide technical assistance during design, procurement and installation phases. Provide start-up review (PSSRs) and operation support.
- Coordinate Manufacturing Authorization (MA) for projects/procedures, as directed.
- Maintain ISO job requirements for the process and ensure compliance to ISO standards and manuals.
- Provide guidance for all PSM Elements related to process control elements.
Education and Experience Required:
- B.S. degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of Process Engineering Support or Engineering Design
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, P&ID's, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to speak effectively before groups of associates.
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of people, inside and outside of the company
- Strong working knowledge of engineering standards and manufacturing related policies.
- Process Safety Management
- Ability to navigate SAP ERP
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Company is doing very well. Strong work life balance. Excellent growth here.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 85000
Salary Max : 105000
Currency Type : US Dollars