This job is archived
As the DCS Controls Superintendent, you have ultimate responsibility for
overseeing and maintaining the reliability of the Refinery control
system as a whole. The ability to work odd or long hours, weekends, and
holidays is a requirement for this position. This position must also
possess the technical abilities to be proficient at most, if not all of,
the functions of its direct reports, and a willingness and ability to
perform those functions.
You should be able to demonstrate the following experience andabilities:
- Develop and maintain the control system philosophy to remain ahead
of the obsolescence curve.
- Develop and maintain a sufficient preventative maintenance plan to
ensure the continued reliability of the plant control system.
- Manage, coach, and evaluated direct reports including technical and
- Develop and adhere to both capital and expense budgets for the
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Risk Management,
Investigations, and other committees as assigned.
- Assist with all new project designs as related to the Plant Control
- Work closely with Corporate Information Technology to address
network design, user access, and cyber security concerns.
Educational / Other experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in related Engineering field (Electrical, Computer, and Chemical). Ten years experience supporting Distributed Control Systems as an Engineer or five years supporting Foxboro Intelligent Automation Systems.
- Strong configuration skills in an Integrated Control Configurator and FoxDraw Environment.
- Familiar with PLC design and configuration, as well as its implementation in SIS designs.
- Proficient in networking applications and peripheral support systems such as:
- System Auditor
- Control Loop Monitoring
- Alarm Management applications.
Excellent USA-based, nationwide company offering this role along with strong opportunities for professional growth within the organization.