Process Controls Engineer
110,000 – 170,000 • yearly
NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
- Support maintenance and operations units on field instrumentation issues
- Apply engineering standards and specifications to support Refinery Processing Engineering Group on instrumentation design, installation, and modification of instrumentation systems in the refinery.
- Configure Distributed Control System (DCS) and develop schematics for use by operators
- Under general direction, prepare I&C design and engineering deliverables including instrument Index, Instrument Data Sheets, Instrument Specifications
- Coordinates the planning, organization, and implementation of projects, including the development of Design Drawings including Control System Architecture, Control Panel Layouts with BOM, Instrument Junction Box (IJB), Instrument Loop Wiring Diagrams, Control Schematics, Cable Schedules, Instrument Installation Details, and Instrument Location Plans.
- Drive documentation towards standardization, creating and/or modifying documentation on refinery process instrumentation including engineering procedures and test procedures.
- Assist on major capital projects as needed to meet business needs.
- Write and perform control/safety functional and proof test procedures
- Be on call for and respond to plant emergencies during non-business hours
- Perform preventative maintenance and diagnostic health check activities on plant-wide control systems; document results to ensure system reliability and availability
- Supports OT cybersecurity compliance and all backup and recovery methods
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance.
- Perform other duties as requested or needed.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related four-year degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 plus years experience in control systems engineering
- Technical understanding and experience with refinery processes (thermodynamics, unit operations, and controls)
- Working knowledge of applicable EHS requirements
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Montana is the only state that has rivers that drain into the Gulf of Mexico, Hudson Bay, and the Pacific Ocean. The landscape of Montana comprises two geographic areas: The Great Plains are made of high, gently rolling land interrupted by hills and wide river valleys including the Yellowstone and Missouri Rivers; the Rocky Mountain Range with rugged mountain peaks, pristine valleys and lakes, and breathtaking views.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 110000
Salary Max : 170000
Currency Type : US Dollars