As Senior Project Engineer in a Chemical Manufacturing plant, you will be responsible for capital projects from start to finish including conceptual design and budgeting through to installation and start-up support.
- Develop basic process design packages, process schematics, PFDs, P&IDs, material & energy balances, piping changes, process equipment & instrumentation specifications, process control strategies, electrical requirements.
- Prepare project scopes, including costs, vendor bids and time allotment to meet specific goals and objectives.
- Utilize standard project management tools to maintain project budgets and monitor delivery schedules to ensure on time and under budget completion of projects
- Develop project cost estimates and control project costs by approving expenditures, administering contracts, managing contractor work on site and coordinating with all internal/external stakeholders.
- Utilize cross-functional teams as necessary to provide the required services. Work with site personnel, contractors, vendors, and other stakeholders to execute projects.
- Comply with local standards, state requirements, and national codes.
Applicant background requested:
- BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- 5+ years in chemical manufacturing environment with experience in project management.
- Prior experience developing project scope and design.
- Experience with major costing estimates and obtaining bids and quotes from vendors, in order to effectively plan and execute projects.
- Knowledge of chemical plant process equipment including reactors, heat exchangers, centrifuges, piping, pumps and pumping systems, boilers, cooling systems and technical drawing interpretations.
- Strong knowledge of basic engineering principles and regulatory compliance.
- Prior experience with MOC process and leading PHA process.
- Must have excellent technical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA without sponsorship
- An opportunity to have quick and meaningful impact competing ongoing project and implementing a few quick fixes in the manufacturing area.
- I spoke with a very open and honest Director of Manufacturing who shared visions, plans, and challenges at the site. There is a capital budget to spend, and their market can support additional growth.
- They've recently added a quarterly bonus program to compliment the annual bonus awarded in the Spring.
- The site is located in Taft LA. The companyprovides relocation assistance.