- The primary purpose of the Manufacturing Engineer is to run the unit safely, reliably, and efficiently. The manufacturing engineer is responsible for unit operating performance to include production, raw material usage, energy usage, quality, daily performance tracking, troubleshooting, and basic unit optimization. The manufacturing engineer adds direct value to the business by driving real-time unit performance in these areas. This position is located in the Decatur/Huntsville, AL area.
- Become functional area expert in assigned unit
- Understand unit control strategy, including alarm system
- Analyze opportunities and develop plans to drive operational ownership and entitlement performance in assigned unit
- Develop relationships to allow for influence across the organization in driving performance.
- Demonstrates leadership in driving the companies zero-incident safety culture through safe work practices and operator engagement.
- Develop excellent, collaborative working relationships with Operations, Manufacturing, Production & Process Engineering, Reliability, Quality Assurance, Production Planning, & other support groups
- Design, put into practice, lead, and champion the use of best-in-class and lean/six sigma-based work processes to meet safety, regulatory compliance, operating cost, reliability, quality and other performance goals directed at achieving Entitlement performance.
- Drives continuous improvement culture through participation and guidance in cross-functional teams.
- Leads in developing and maintaining a healthy pipeline of Six Sigma projects to deliver on safety, quality and productivity goals
- Consistently meet all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), budgeted, and forecasted commitments
- Manages production plans vs Sales Order Inventory Planning to optimize inventories.
- Functions as a technical resource for the area in key processes including Process Hazard Analysis (PHA's), Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA's), & Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA's)
- Lead Management of Change (MOC's) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA's) as needed to drive safety & unit performance
- Ensure quality requirements are met consistently. Represents manufacturing in determining and eliminating the root causes of customer complaints
- Coordinate with Operations, Maintenance, & Reliability to schedule and execute outages safely and efficiently
- Partner with the Site Engineering organization to develop cost-effective capital projects that drive KPI goals
- Provide support on executing technology programs that deliver break-through solutions to achieve entitlement performance
- Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering preferred, other disciplines considered
- Minimum of 6 years Chemical manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of self-directed team
- Commitment to plant safety, environmental, and industrial hygiene practices
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Strong Computer skills including Microsoft Office, SAP, Minitab
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex technical issues down to basic terms and economic impacts to upper management
- Demonstrated ability to coach & mentor other manufacturing engineers
- Time management and organizations skills
- Familiarity with Process Flow Diagrams and P&ID's
- Ability to generate heat and material balances
- Knowledge of basic accounting and plant cost economics
- Proactive leadership & team building skills with the ability to work effectively throughout the organization in a fast paced environment
- Strong sense of ownership and a drive to improve existing systems and processes by creative & innovative approaches
PREFERRED CERTIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
- Knowledge of PSM, Title V, and ISO9001
- Provox/DeltaV based DCS System knowledge
- Distillation Column experience preferred
- Hazard Recognition Plus (HRP) or other safety program experience preferred
Location Decatur/Huntsville Al. Leader in their field of Nylon 66 advancement potential. High Salary $