- Provide engineering support to production management for capital projects, turnarounds, relife programs, and performance monitoring and improvement programs.
- Coordinate with the Remote Operations Center (ROC) and central engineering teams to address efficiency and throughput gaps.
- Lead efforts to increase reliability and decrease unplanned downtime costs while diagnosing plant issues and trends to provide engineering solutions.
- Collaboratively conduct investigations and troubleshooting in conjunction with SMEs as it relates to process safety events, plant issues, incidents, nuisance alarms and alarm management.
- Provide operational support for plant shutdowns, startup and outages/turnarounds. Participate in both planning and execution to ensure successful completion of critical work scope
- Identify potential projects which can create cost savings and/or increases in productivity.
- Work closely with plant leaders to develop projects in the medium and long-term productivity pipeline, aligned with the regional strategy.
- Be responsible for engineering management of change process at assigned plants, including required process safety management aspects such as pre-start-up safety reviews.
- Increase people capabilities in the region by providing process training to stakeholders.
- Oversight and ownership of the environmental and water treatment programs.
- Support site hydrocarbon risk assessments with the process engineering group.
- Lead efforts to update and maintain Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), electrical single line diagrams, trip & interlock lists, alarm databases and programmable logic controller input/output lists (PLC IO lists). Serve as interim Zone Production Manager when leader is absent.
- Be available for on-call duty and after-hours support as required.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop and maintain of a strong safety culture.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in chemical manufacturing, reliability, supply chain and/or industrial gas industry is preferred.
- Experience in operational excellence or Lean/Six Sigma a plus.
- Leadership, communication, facilitation, interpersonal, analytical and MS Office skills (especially Excel).
- Knowledgeable of operations bulk and tonnage organization and business processes.
- Experience with process equipment; P&IDs, process piping, pressure vessels, instrumentation, controls, process safety reviews (HAZOP) and LOPA.
- Highly motivated and able to self-direct
- Travel, as required by the role (25-50%)
Are you ready for a fantastic opportunity with a great company? Come for the stable work environment, good benefits and great people, and then stay for life. Our client never likes to lose a good employee and provides a tremendous number of opportunities for employees to stay within the company as they grown in their career.
Our client is currently seeking an individual for a Plant Engineer position who will support the chemical manufacturing facilities to the West of Pittsburgh, PA about 45 minutes. This role does include regional travel of 25-50% to support other company plants in the region, all the way to the Western side of West Virginia.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 85000
Salary Max : 96000
Currency Type : US Dollars