Regional Maintenance Planning Engineer
125,000 – 142,000 • yearly
NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
In this role, you will work beside the regional engineering team to plan all the turnarounds for their 32 regional chemical plants. You will be traveling 25-50% regionally with more travel during the Spring and Fall periods.
- Supports the Area in achieving key outcomes in safety, reliability, efficiency, compliance, cost and customer service by:
- Providing technical, troubleshooting, and maintenance support for all production facilities within the area including all ASU, CO2, H2, and He.
- Working with Area Controls engineers, Mechanical engineers, Electrical & Instrument engineers, as well as National Reliability Engineers to support any respective initiatives or projects.
- Supporting the maintenance and continuous improvement of the preventative maintenance plans in SAP PM, including lessons learned from RCFA, RCM studies, and Work Order feedback.
- Evaluating the area's Preventive Maintenance Programs through routine review of each sites scheduled maintenance strategies as well as the available global maintenance strategies capable of being scheduled.
- Planning and scheduling Preventive Maintenance activities including Condition Based Monitoring programs for the area.
- Assuring that all Condition Based Monitoring corrective maintenance recommendations are properly planned, scheduled, and executed.
- Providing regular review of the CMMS equipment hierarchy of the sites within the area and making updates to the equipment as necessary
- Leading the Turnaround planning process in the area through scope development, budget management, planning, scheduling, and executing of the turnaround activities in a safe, efficient, and timely manner.
- Assuring that all materials and spare parts are available as needed for all major maintenance and Turnaround activities within the area.
- Ensuring that applicable material and contract labor procurement and control processes are consistent with company standards and policy.
- Leading post turnaround evaluation sessions to review compliance of Turnaround objectives and lessons learned.
- Assuring that critical spare parts are identified and stocked within the area and that consumed critical spare parts are replaced or repaired and returned to the appropriate warehouse.
- Supporting the Root Cause Analysis process and ensuring timely action item closure for any assigned actions
- Developing an understanding of basic plant operational management in terms of process, budgeting, reliability, maintenance, and personnel management
- Developing an understanding of the various types of equipment found in process plants such as compressors, pumps, electrical systems, process control and instrumentation, piping and vessels and heat exchangers
- As assigned by the Area Reliability and Maintenance Manager, performs engineering and managerial functions that could include:
- Conduct Training sessions on CMMS processes for Technicians at various plant locations
- Participate in the development and implementation of equipment specific maintenance plans from company standards
- Provide maintenance support for unplanned emergent events
- Continuous operational performance improvement management
- Represent the plant and/or area for turnarounds, commissioning, projects and general business meetings and events
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- 50% travel
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering required Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Preferred
- 7 years of experience with at least 5 years in maintenance planning, scheduling, and execution in a production plant environment
- Ability to travel 25-50%
- Excellent technical and clear communication skills with solid interpersonal skills
- Exhibited attention to detail and ability to challenge the norm
- Demonstrated ability to follow through to completion on projects and solutions
- Demonstrated exceptional operational safety leadership
- Self-started and self-directed with ability to manage multiple activities at once and achieve results with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and experience of predictive maintenance methodologies and technologies (Vibration monitoring, Oil Analysis, Thermography, etc.)
- Experience with CMMS system required, SAP PM preferred
- Experience with a project scheduling tool such as Microsoft Project required
- Proven experience in Root Cause Analysis, Cause and Effect or FMEA methodologies
- Air Separation experience and knowledge a plus
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Our client, a worldwide leader in the supply of chemicals and gases to the Chemical, Semiconductor, Power, Food & Beverage, Metals and Energy industries, is seeking a Maintenance Planning Engineer for the Southeast/Southwest region.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 125000
Salary Max : 142000
Currency Type : US Dollars